A job description was not provided. Contact the employer for this information.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Must carry company issued cellular telephone/radio and be on-call during and after regular business and non-working hours including after dark hours, for work as may be required, assigned and scheduled
- Must be willing and able to work at heights above ground in order to provide maintenance functions
- Must be willing to work shift and/or overtime hours during the week including after dark hours, and/or weekends, and holidays as dictated by operations
- Respond to emergency call-outs to perform maintenance duties
- Demonstrate aptitude to execute and maintain necessary records
- In order to appropriately perform essential duties of this job, regular work attendance is required
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Ability to carry out supervision/direction and work effectively and cooperatively with other people
- Must be able to successfully work with minimal direct supervision
- Must possess general understanding of how corporate policies, procedures, practices and processes relate to the material handling business segment, associated business units, and internal and external customers.
- Treat people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values.
- Prioritize and plans work activities using time efficiently, plans for additional resources, organizes schedules of other people and their tasks, develops realistic action plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Recommends measures to improve equipment performance, and quality of product handling
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and also but not limited to: heights in excess of 5 feet, moving mechanical parts, moving on track rail equipment, fumes, airborne particles, vibration, uneven terrain and high noise level in the work environment
- Required to stand, walk and climb for extended periods of time
- Communicate with supervision and co-workers via radio and hand signals
- Must wear FRC clothing
- Regularly lift and /or move a minimum of 50 pounds
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Experience / specific knowledge:
- Must possess understanding of bulk handling operations/equipment
- Understanding of diagnosing heavy equipment (D9 Dozer, Front End Loader, Track Hoe, etc)
- Understanding the maintenance of mobile cranes, excavator, forklifts, loaders, dozers, crusher, etc.
- Operation/Repair of A/C
- Trouble shooting hydraulic and pneumatic repair on heavy equipment
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers
- Willingness to use personal and/or company vehicle in the course of employment
- Must possess Safety training/certification as required by customers to work in their facilities and as required by Kinder Morgan at all locations
- Must obtain and/or meet all requirements to enter foreign trade zones; such as background checks by both the U.S. Coast Guard and the Department of Homeland Security, i.e. obtain and maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed
Salary & Benefits
Salary and benefits were not provided. Contact the employer for this information.
About the Employer
Information about the employer was not provided. Contact the employer for this information.
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.