Beckman Coulter Diagnostics Field Service Engineers provide outstanding customer service to clients while installing and maintaining diagnostic instrumentation and systems in hospital and stand-alone laboratory environments. The Field Service Engineer (FSE) is the face of Beckman Coulter to customers and the support they provide directly impacts patient health and overall well-being.
The FSE provides frontline support by resolving customers' problems and issues through technical expertise and troubleshooting. The FSE has the opportunity to drive service revenue sales targets while ensuring strong customer contract retention rate and warranty conversion rate. The FSE uses critical thinking to resolve issues within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action to rapidly repair instrumentation. FSEs provide training to our customers and verify the operational performance and data quality of systems in order to contribute to our overall team success.
Many FSEs operate independently within their geographic territory, however Beckman Coulter offers a team based environment with opportunities to benchmark, mentor and receive expert technical support. FSEs enjoy being home-based and being provided with a company car, iphone and laptop. The FSE will also have the opportunity to travel within the region to support customers using their technical expertise.
The Field Service Engineer in this position will:
- Under minimal supervision, serve as lead to assigned customers; complete troubleshooting, installation, validation, maintenance, and service repair needs on designated equipment. May assist and/or train less experienced Field Engineers
- Provide excellent and efficient customer service to Beckman Coulter’s customers, along with technical training on products
- Repair, maintain, and install product line(s).
- Complete on-time and accurate Preventative Maintenance and Field Modification Instruction as needed
- Travel throughout the district territory, experiencing all the various places our instrumentation is utilized
- Document and report all repairs and product failures
- Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, and managing cycle times
- Help with the development of preventative maintenance procedures
- Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, while building on and enhancing the relationship with the customer to ultimately become a perceived partner in their business
- Applicant must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. This would be to include tools, replacement parts, consumables etc.
- Maintain a Valid driver’s license that meets Beckman Coulter’s safe driver standards
- Beckman Coulter Associates who drive Beckman Coulter vehicles must comply with the Danaher Company Vehicle Policy.
- Vendor credentialing requirements include without limitation, yearly background checks, immunizations, and various trainings.
- Comply with vendor credentialing requirements is an essential function of this position.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Instill customer satisfaction that is recognizable and valuable to the customer
- Stay compliant with the company’s standard background check, including a post-offer drug test.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Associates degree plus 1-3 years’ experience
- Technical Associates degree or equivalent in military experience
- Hold a current valid driver’s license and good driving record over last three years is required
- Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate
- Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography, as well as periodic travel to other regions or for training
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 + years’ experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience interfacing with internal team members and external customers.
Salary & Benefits
Salary and benefits were not provided. Contact the employer for this information.
About the Employer
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.