A training facility dedicated to the enhancement of baseball/softball skills and physical well-being of area players.
A training facility dedicated to the enhancement of baseball/softball skills and the physical well-being of Southern Illinois athletes. The educational center operates under the auspices of Rend Lake College and offers professional instruction from members of the Warrior baseball staff.
Features of The Hitting Zone at Rend Lake College, located in close proximity to playing fields on the Ina, IL campus, include:
- A stran-steel and brick building (80' x 100') w/ artificial-turf surface throughout, office space, locker room, restrooms and storage
- 3 Batting Cages
- 2 Pitching Mounds
- Videotaping and Viewing Room
- Observation Deck for parents and guests
- Accessibility to RLC Aerobics Fitness Center and Jimmy J. Fulks Aquatics Center on-campus
- The Hitting Zone serves as both an indoor training complex for Warrior and Lady Warrior intercollegiate athletic teams and a useful, much-needed facility to help promote community involvement by improving the quality of play by in-district youth and others.
Initial funding for this project comes from the Rend Lake College Foundation. Revenue generated from individual instruction and hitting/pitching clinics goes toward paying off the debt and the ongoing cost of operation.
- Preparation (proper bat size/weight, warm-up, etc.)
- Mechanics (stance, stride, etc.)
- Execution (including bunting, hit-and-run, et al)
- Mental Approach / Attitude
- Pitch Selection
- Hitting with power / opposite-field / switch-hitting
- Preparation (stretching/flexibility drills, warm-up, etc.)
- Arm and Leg Strength / Lower and Upper Body
- Attitude (mental approach)
- Grips for various age-appropriate pitches
- Fielding ~ Infield / Outfield
- Catcher, First Base or any other position
- Throwing and Catching 4 Baserunning / Sliding
- Baseball rules
- When videotaping is requested, player keeps the tape for later home viewing and study
$25 Per Lesson (call ahead of time to schedule time slot for the month)
Lessons in addition to one per week in the same month are half off. Ex 1st lesson in a week = $25, 2nd lesson in the same week = $12.50 = 2 lessons in a week for $37.50 instead of $50
Elite Pitcher Training: A separate strength and conditioning program in which participants go through a series of exercises designed to build arm strength as well as enhance command, endurance, and the overall health of the pitching arm. 2 sessions a week at a fixed time. $25 a week.
Weekdays 4-9 PM
Saturday 9 AM-4 PM (Closed June, July, & August)
In-Season Hours TBA (March, April, May, August & September)