The Commencement ceremony is the culmination of the student’s program of study. Each May, Rend Lake College conducts a graduation exercise whereby faculty, staff, family and friends come together to recognize and honor academic achievements. All eligible degree and certificate recipients are encouraged to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
Participation in this ceremony is allowed prior to verification of completion of final courses. The student should be within six credit hours of fulfilling graduation requirements, and requirements should be completed in the summer session following May graduation. The actual degree or certificate is posted to the official transcript and the certificate or diploma is released when all requirements have been met and verified by the Director of Student Records.
Rend Lake College Commencement is:
Saturday, May 11, 2024
Waugh Gymnasium, Ina Campus
Ceremony 1 - 8:30 am
Ceremony 2 - 11:00 am
Things You Need To Know About Graduation
- *The Spring Graduation ceremonies will be held on Saturday, May 11, 2024, at Waugh Gymnasium.
- *The first ceremony at 8:30 a.m. will be for our Associate in Arts, Science, Engineering, and Fine Arts graduates.
- *The second ceremony at 11:00 a.m. will be for our Associate in Applied Science and Occupational Certificate graduates.
- *Graduates must arrive at the South Oasis, 30 minutes prior to their ceremony to line up.
- *Caps and gowns will be available for pick-up in the Student Records Office April 29 - May 3, 2024 and during final exam week, May 6 - 10, 2024. Pick up times will be 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Thursday and 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. on Friday. Someone else may pick up your cap & gown for you, if you are not available during these times.
- *Seating for graduation is on a first come, first-served basis. There is no limit to the number of guests that you can invite. The RLC Event Center will be used for overflow of guests. Also, for those guests unable to attend the ceremony, there will be live video streaming of the graduation ceremonies below.
- *Graduation announcements are available from the Rend Lake College Book Store. You may contact the Book Store at (618) 437-5321, ext. 1330 for pricing information.
- *Family and friends will have the opportunity this year to purchase flowers for their graduate at the ceremony. Red or white carnations will be available for $2 per stem or at a discounted rate for a bouquet.
- *If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa, graduation stoles may be purchased from Jena Jensik, Dean of Enrollment Services in the Advisement Center in the Administration Building. You may reach Dean Jensik at (618) 437-5321, ext. 1293 or [email protected].
- *If you are a Veteran of the Armed Forces and wish to be recognized in the program at the graduation ceremony, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (618) 437- 5321, ext. 1385 or at [email protected].
- *Please note that there will be a photographer for the commencement ceremony. Your picture will be taken when you line up, before crossing the stage, as well as when you receive your diploma cover on stage. More information regarding picture ordering will be available when you pick up your cap & gown.
- *If for any reason you are unable to attend the ceremony, please call Student Records as soon as possible.
Spring 2023 Rend Lake College Commencement Videos
8:30 AM Ceremony: Associate in Arts, Science, Engineering, and Fine Arts Graduates
11:00 AM Ceremony: Associate in Applied Science and Occupational Certificate Graduates
Graduation Application ProcessStudents must apply to receive their respective diplomas for an Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, Associate in Fine Arts Degree, Associate in Engineering Science Degree, Associate in Applied Science Degree or a certificate for Occupational Certificate programs. Students who complete the Graduation Application form will receive a pre-graduation academic audit and be informed of any deficiencies.
Meeting graduation requirements ultimately is the responsibility of the student. Students are encouraged to be familiar with the catalog and program requirements and to work with their academic advisors or counselors in selecting courses.
Students may fulfill degree/certificate requirements
- Of the catalog in effect at the time of their initial enrollment, provided they have maintained continuous enrollment, or
- Students may elect to fulfill the degree/certificate requirements of the catalog in effect at the time of their graduation.
Students entering under the degree and certificate requirements cited in this catalog will continue under these requirements as long as they are continuous students at Rend Lake College. Standing as a continuous student is lost if either of the following should occur:
- The student does not complete credit classes at Rend Lake College for two consecutive semesters, excluding summer terms.
- A period of five years elapses before the degree or certificate is completed.
If students are unable to complete the requirements within the five-year time frame, they may appeal to the Vice President of Student Services to use a specified catalog other than the one in effect at the time of re-enrollment or at time of graduation.
Students may be required to follow degree requirements outlined in later catalogs when certificate, degree programs or courses have been extensively modified from previous catalogs. The Vice President of Instruction makes this decision.
GRADUATION APPLICATION DEADLINES
- First Friday in May for Summer graduation (July)
- First Friday in September for Fall graduation (December)
- First Friday in December for Spring graduation (May)