Degrees & Certificates in Architecture
ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY — Degree
This is a two-year program leading to an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Architectural Technology. The curriculum has a 2+2 articulation agreement with Southern Illinois University Carbondale’s Architectural Studies program. The curriculum also has transfer options into SIU’s Professional Construction Management program, Illinois State University’s Construction Management program, and Purdue University’s Building Construction and Management program. The Architectural Technology program will provide students the necessary skills and abilities to enter the workforce in technical support positions in architectural- or construction-related fields.
► Total = 69 Hours
Click on a course's code to view details and find seat availability
SUGGESTED GENERAL EDUCATION ELECTIVES:MATH
- MATH 1107 Contemporary College Mathematics 1 (3)
- MATH 1108 College Algebra (3)
- MATH 1109 Plane Trigonometry (3)
- MATH 1110 Precalculus (5)
- MATH 1201 Technical Mathematics 2 (3)
- PHSC 1101 Physical Science (5)
- PHY 1101 College Physics I (5)
- PHY 1102 College Physics II (5)
- PHY 1201 Technical Physics I 2 (5)
Other Recommended Electives
- ARCH 2210 Architectural Internship (3)
- ART 1101 Art Appreciation (3)
- ENGL 1102 Rhetoric and Composition II (3)
- HIST 1101 Western Civilization I (3)
- HIST 1102 Western Civilization II (3)
1 IAI approved.
2 Minimum requirement – may not transfer.
1 Prerequisite course(s) may be required based on test scores.
2 Rhetoric and Composition II (ENGL 1102) will be required for most baccalaureate-transfer programs.
ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY — Certificate
► Total = 30 Hours
COMPUTER-AIDED DRAFTING — Certificate
► Total = 8 Hours
* Students must demonstrate proficiency in drafting.
NOTE: In order to complete CAD 1201 and 1204 in one semester, students must enroll in consecutive eight-week sessions.
Program OutcomesArchitecture/Surveying Technology
- Demonstrate an understanding of the profession of architecture including the necessary skill, attitudes and relevance to society.
- Recommend necessary materials using display techniques to solve architectural problems.
- Interpret the primary periods of architecture identifying the merits of each period.
- Illustrate multiple solutions to construction problems.
- Provide viable solutions to a building design problem within existing architectural, environmental, sustainability and health & life safety constraints.
INA, Ill. (Feb. 24, 2020) — Opportunities are endless at Rend Lake College, especially for those looking for a fresh start. And the chance to build upon your skills or choose a new career path is fast approaching. Open registration for Fall Semester 2020 at RLC begins March 23 for freshmen and March 9 for sophomores. Fall classes begin Aug. 17. And for those limited on time, RLC offers evening...
Faculty & Staff
Applied Science & Technology Division
Phone: (618) 437-5321 Ext. 1261
Address: 468 N. Ken Gray Parkway, Ina, IL 62846 Attn: Applied Science
Fax Number: (618) 437-5677 Attn: Applied Science
Connect with us!
Visit our Welcome Center
Located just inside the main door of the Baker Administration Building
• 618.437.5321, Ext. 1343
College office hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM • Friday 8 AM – 4 PM
Monday – Thursday: 8 AM – 4 PM During Summer