Liske to take seat as Student Trustee in April
The board learned that Elijah Liske has been elected as the new student member of the Rend Lake College Board of Trustees for the 2014-2015 academic year. Liske (Sesser) is studying Agricultural Production and Management and Agricultural Mechanics.
Liske will be seated at the April board meeting. He replaces outgoing student trustee Haden Smith (Wayne City).
Henry becomes HIT program director
Appointed Charlotte Henry as Health Information Technology Program Director effective April 21. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Care Management from Southern Illinois University Carbondale and an Associate in Arts Degree from Rend Lake College. She most recently served as Health Care Information Department Supervisor at Southern Illinois Healthcare.
Goin joins Business Office
Appointed Melissa Goin as Accounts Receivable Specialist effective March 17. She holds an Associate in Science Degree in Business from Rend Lake College and most recently served as a fiscal office support associate for University of Illinois Extension Unit 24.
Sutton moving on
The board accepted with regret the resignation of Ann Sutton, Testing and Placement Specialist, effective May 16. "I thank you and many other RLC staff for support given to me," Sutton wrote in her resignation letter. "RLC is truly a fantastic college, and I am grateful for my participation in its success."
In other business, the board ...
- Approved revisions to board policy concerning the tenured / tenure-track faculty and staff seniority list (second reading).
- Approved revisions to board policy and procedure concerning the alcohol and drug policy (second reading).
Mark your calendars …
- Student Recital, 7 p.m. Thursday, March 20, RLC Theatre.
- Student Art Show, March 27-May 2, Reception 6-8 p.m. March 27, RLC Theatre and Theatre Lobby.
- Job Fair, 3-6 p.m. Tuesday, April 1, Mt. Vernon Holiday Inn.
- Spring Musical, "Little Shop of Horrors," 7 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, April 3-5, 2 p.m Sunday, April 6, RLC Theatre. Tickets $12.
- Phi Theta Kappa Induction, 3 p.m. Wednesday, April 9, RLC Theatre.
- Lake (RLC Fine Arts publication) Readings, 4:30 p.m. Thursday, April 10, Pheasant Hollow Winery.
- Southeast Region Trustees Meeting, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 24, Robert L. Meese Village Centre, John A. Logan College.
- Spring Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, April 24, RLC Theatre.
- Spring Orchestra Concert, 2 p.m. Sunday, April 27, RLC Theatre.
- Flummoxed Fairy Tales, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Thursday, May 1, and Friday, May 2, RLC Theatre.
- Associate Degree Nursing Pinning Ceremony, 7 p.m. Thursday, May 15, Waugh Gymnasium.
- Commencement, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday, May 17, Waugh Gymnasium.