2012 tax levy approved
Accepted the 2012 tax levy, payable 2013. The proposed taxes to be levied for fiscal year 2012 total $4,827,711, an increase of 2.06 percent over last year. Because the amount of the corporate and special purpose tax levy is not greater than 105 percent of last year's levy, the college is not required to publish a notice of tax increase or to conduct a Truth in Taxation hearing.
Physical Plant's Holman retiring
Accepted with regret the retirement resignation of Thomas Clay Holman, Maintenance Technician, effective Dec. 31. "It has been a good experience being part of Rend Lake College," Holman said in his retirement resignation. He said he plans to return to work part-time for the college after retirement.
In other business, the board ...
- Approved revisions to board policy and procedure concerning purchasing technology equipment / audiovisual equipment (second reading).
- Approved the 2013-2014 Academic Calendar as presented.
- Approved revisions to board procedure concerning fees.
Mark your calendars …
- Faculty Recital, 2 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, RLC Theatre.
- RLC Foundation Scholarship Dinner, Thursday, Oct. 18, James "Hummer" Waugh Gymnasium.
- RLC Halloween Concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 23, RLC Theatre.
- Criminal Justice Round-Up for Scholarships, 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 29, Rend Lake Resort, $25 per person.
- Fall Play: "Tom Sawyer," 7 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, Nov. 8-10; 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, RLC Theatre.
- Division I Cross-Country Championships, Saturday, Nov. 10, Rend Lake College.
- Christmas Concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27, RLC Theatre.