REND LAKE COLLEGE BOARD OF TRUSTEES -- MARCH 13, 2012, MEETING HIGHLIGHTS
Allen elected Student Trustee
Learned that Kelsey Allen (Bonnie) was elected as the student member of the Board of Trustees for the 2012-2013 academic year. Allen is a sophomore majoring in Agricultural Production and Management. She will be seated at the April board meeting.
Business Office veteran Ruffino retiring
Accepted with regret the retirement resignation of Connie Ruffino, Accounts Receivable Specialist, effective June 30. "I feel I have been an asset to Rend Lake College during the past 20 years, and I'm thankful for the opportunity I've had to serve the college."
In other business, the board ...
• Approved revisions to board policy concerning stipends (first reading) and the tenured / tenure-track faculty and staff seniority list (second reading), and revisions to board procedure concerning fees and job descriptions.
Mark your calendars …
• Student Art Show Opening Reception, 6-8 p.m. Thursday, March 22, RLC Theatre Lobby. Awards presentation at 7 p.m.; artwork on display through April 27.
• RLC Agriculture Banquet, 6 p.m. Thursday, March 29, James "Hummer" Waugh Gymnasium.
• Courtney Cox Trio & Friends, 7 p.m. Thursday, March 29, RLC Theatre.
• Film Showing: "The Real Dirt on Farmer John," 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 4, RLC Theatre.
• Rend Lake College Student Recital, 7 p.m. Thursday, April 12, RLC Theatre.
• Spring Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, April 19, RLC Theatre.
• Flummoxed Fairy Tales, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Thursday, April 26, and Friday, April 27, RLC Theatre.