REND LAKE COLLEGE BOARD OF TRUSTEES -- JAN. 3, 2012, SPECIAL MEETING HIGHLIGHTS
Board approves operating agreement with RLC Foundation, gives approval to Foundation CEO's hire
At a special meeting held Tuesday afternoon, the board approved a comprehensive operating agreement between Rend Lake College and the Rend Lake College Foundation effective Jan. 1. In a related action, the board approved the hiring of Shawna Hall as the Foundation's Chief Executive Officer effective on the same date.
This operating agreement replaces the one previously in effect. According to RLC Board of Trustees Vice Chair Ed Cunningham, who also serves on the RLC Foundation Board of Directors, the operating agreement was updated in light of new regulations which could have affected such things as the privacy of the Foundation's donor lists and insurance for Foundation employees, among others.
RLC Board Chair Bryan Drew said the revised agreement will allow the Foundation to protect the privacy of its donors. Otherwise, such records may have been open to Freedom of Information Act requests.
Another change to the operating agreement makes the Foundation CEO and Assistant to the Foundation CEO employees of the college who are assigned to the Foundation. It was this distinction which necessitated the RLC Board of Trustees to approve Hall's appointment Tuesday. The RLC Foundation Board of Directors approved her appointment Aug. 2, 2011.
Mark your calendars …
• Visiting Artist Series: Melena Howard, Jan. 13-March 2, RLC Theatre Lobby.
• Thespian Comedy Improv, 7 p.m. Jan. 19, RLC Theatre.
• Homecoming, Wednesday, Feb. 22, women's game at 5:30 p.m., men's game at 7:30 p.m., Waugh Gymnasium.
• RLC Spring Musical, "Anything Goes," 7 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, March 8-10, 2 p.m. Sunday, March 11, RLC Theatre.
• Student Art Show, 6-8 p.m. Thursday, March 22, RLC Theatre Lobby.