Improving business and computer skills no longer has to mean clearing your schedule to attend workshops or seminars. Rend Lake College’s Center for Business Services now has a variety of on-line classes for students to take at their convenience.
Offered in six-week sessions, students will attend two on-line classes at their convenience each week. All course work, tests and instructor feedback will be via the Internet and/or e-mail. All that is required of the student is Internet access and an e-mail address.
The six-week sessions are staggered, with new sessions beginning Feb. 16, March 16, April 20 and May 18. The courses are available to the general public. Students enrolled in these on-line courses can e-mail their instructors with questions anytime. While it may be convenient for one student to sit down at the computer for a lesson at noon, another may choose to begin a session at midnight. It works anytime.
Course offerings are grouped into several categories:
• Basic Computer Literacy – 101 Tips and Tricks for the IMAC and Macintosh and Computer Skills for the Workplace;
• The Internet – Introduction to the Internet and Introduction to Outlook 2002;
• Computer Applications – Introduction to Crystal Reports and Performing Payroll in Quickbooks;
• Business Planning and Entrepreneurial Courses – Start and Operate Your Own Home-Based Business and Starting Your Own Consulting Practice;
• Sales and Marketing – Effective Selling and Professional Sales Skills;
• Business Administration and Management – Administrative Assistant Fundamentals, Administrative Assistant Applications, Building an Ethical Business, Customer Service Fundamentals, Employment Law Fundamentals and Understanding the Human Resources Function.
For a course list and instructor information, visit www.ed2go.com/rlc.
People are working longer hours today, and the more demands placed on them make it difficult to find time to continue to learn. Therefore, it is beneficial to the students to have the flexibility to learn from their own homes at times which are convenient for them.
Class prices range from $59 to $69. For more information or to register, contact Christie Sanders, Administrative Assistant for the Center for Business Services, at (618) 437-5321, Ext. 1714, or toll-free (in-district) at 1-800-369-5321, Ext. 1714.