West new VP of Finance, Administration
A Pinckneyville High School alumnus, West holds Master of Science Degrees in Economics and Finance from Southern Illinois University. He currently is the Dean of Budget and Finance at the University of South Carolina Salkehatchie campus, where he also serves as Athletic Director. He also has taught business and related classes at USCS, Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College, John A. Logan College and SIU Carbondale.
Norma O'Daniel leaving Board of Trustees
Veterans Sue Tomlin, Ed Ruffino to retire
Tomlin has been with RLC since August 1984 and was given the RLC Foundation Faculty Excellence Award in 1995. I appreciate having had the opportunity to work at RLC. I've been challenged by my work, supported by my colleagues and encouraged by my supervisors. I'm proud to be a part of the Rend Lake College team," Tomlin said in her retirement letter.
Ruffino has worn several hats at RLC over the years, including Center for Business Services Director and counselor. He has been with RLC since September 1984. "I deeply appreciate the privilege I have had to be associated with the college over the past 24 years and I will continue to be supportive of the college in the future," Ruffino said in his retirement letter.
Breese Journal wins catalog bid
Two resignations accepted
• Accepted the resignation of Gene Weathers as Heavy Equipment Technology Instructor effective Dec. 4.
In other business, the board ...
• Adopted revised mission documents. The revised documents were presented as part of the ongoing self-study process in preparation for the reaccreditation visit by the Higher Learning Commission, scheduled for November 2008.
• Approved changes to the Rend Lake College Faculty Union Agreement, which will be in effect until June 30.
• Approved salaries for administrative, administrative support and academic support personnel for fiscal year 2008, and approved revisions to administrative procedures regarding fiscal year 2008 salaries for office support and custodial staff.
• Approved a revised job description for the Vice President of Information Technology.
• Approved the 2007 travel reimbursement rate as required by the Internal Revenue Service.
• Approved a revised International Students Policy.
• Approved revised private pay rates for the RLC Foundation Children's Center. The rates for children from 0 to 2 years and for children 2 to 3 years of age increased by 50 cents per day each to $28.50 per day and $24.50 per day, respectively.
Mark your calendars ...
• Commencement, 7 p.m. Friday, May 9, Gymnasium.