Welding machine bid goes to ILMO Products Co.
Accepted the low bid of $35,389.48 from ILMO Products Co. of Mt. Vernon for 14 welding machines and accessories for the Welding Lab renovation project. The purchase is necessary to meet the needs for training for Bechtel Construction Co. as well as improving 14 welding booths in the existing lab in the Advanced Technology Center. The equipment will be purchased with grant funds.
Four resignations accepted with regret
Accepted with regret the resignations of:
• Steve Holman, Biological Sciences Associate Professor, effective Jan. 8, 2009. Holman has accepted a position as the Science Department Chair at Cape Fear Community College in North Carolina. “The faculty and staff at Rend Lake College have genuinely shown true leadership and professionalism as my colleagues, mentors and administrators. I am honored to have served the Rend Lake College community,” Holman said in his resignation letter.
• Claire Creedmore, Assistant Director of the RLC Foundation, effective Feb. 6. “I have truly enjoyed my experience at Rend Lake College and will miss those who I have worked with,” Creedmore said.
• Charles Steckenrider, Personal Computer Technician, effective Jan. 14, and Aws Ahmad, Programmer / Analyst, effective Jan. 12. Both said in their letters of resignation that they appreciated the opportunities given to them at RLC and wished the college continued success.
In other business, the board …
• Approved revisions to board policy and procedure regarding replacement fees for Higher One debit cards.
• Approved the schedule of Board of Trustees meetings for 2009.
Mark your calendars …
• Period for filing nomination petitions for the Rend Lake College Board of Trustees, Tuesday, Jan. 20, through Monday, Jan. 26.
• RLC Homecoming, Wednesday, Feb. 4, RLC Gymnasium (women’s and men’s basketball games, dance).
• Election Day, Tuesday, April 7.
• Spring Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, April 23, RLC Theatre.
• Board of Trustees Meeting, Tuesday, May 5 (seating of newly elected trustees).
• Board / Faculty / Staff Dinner, Friday, May 8, Rend Lake Resort Conference Center.
• Commencement, Friday, May 15, RLC Gymnasium.