INA, Ill. – A Mt. Vernon couple has donated $1,000 to fund a Rend Lake College Foundation Health Care Scholarship, which will be available for fall 2009 and spring 2010. The scholarship has been established to help educate a family member of employees, retirees or volunteers of Good Samaritan Regional Health Center.
The criteria for a student to qualify are as follows:
• First preference – Child or grandchild of a full-time employee at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center
• Second preference – Child or grandchild of a retired employee of Good Samaritan Regional Health Center
• Third preference – Child or Grandchild of an active or retired part-time employee of Good Samaritan Regional Health Center
• Fourth preference – Child or Grandchild of a current Good Samaritan Regional Health Center - Mt. Vernon Campus volunteer
• Must meet a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Must enroll full time
• Degree preference – First: RN; Second: LPN, (Any of the following) Medical Lab Tech, Radiology Tech, Surgery Tech, CNA, Pre-Med
• Recipients can be eligible for this scholarship a second year
• No age or residency requirements for this scholarship
Interested students should apply online at www.rlc.edu/foundation or contact the RLC Foundation Office at (618) 437-5321, ext. 1214 for an application. Deadline for application is August 7, 2009.
According to RLCF CEO Pat Kern, this scholarship is very unique in that it supports the Good Samaritan Regional Health Center employee family, including its retirees and volunteers. She said the scholarship name and contributors of this award will be announced once the recipient is selected.