FY 2010 budget approved
Adopted the Fiscal Year 2010 budget as presented. A budget hearing was held at 6 p.m. Tuesday prior to the regular board meeting in the Student Center; there were no comments from the public.
College enters copier lease agreement
Granted permission to enter into a five-year equipment lease and maintenance agreement with GFI Digitial Inc. of Mt. Vernon for 16 copiers. GFI was the lowest of three requests for proposals, with a total five-year cost of $177,364.
Allied Health Division welcomes three new faculty members
• Employed Amber Fann as a full-time Practical Nursing Instructor effective Aug. 17. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from the University of Missouri - St. Louis and has earned her Legal Nurse Consultant and Train the Trainer certifications. She has been a Registered Nurse at St. Mary's Good Samaritan Regional Health Center since 2005 and has taught part-time for RLC since 2006. She also has worked as a registered nurse at Christian Northeast Hospital in St. Louis and at Des Peres Hospital in Missouri.
• Employed Aurelia Hudgens as a full-time Certified Nurse Assistant Instructor effective Aug. 17. She holds an Associate Degree in Nursing from Rend Lake College and has been a part-time CNA Instructor for Rend Lake College and Kaskaskia College since 2007.
• Employed Stephanie Maines as a temporary full-time Associate Degree Nursing Instructor for the Fall 2009 semester, effective Aug. 17. Maines holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing and will complete her Master of Science in Nursing in May 2010, both from McKendree University. She most recently was an OB Nursing Educator at St. Mary's Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon, and has worked as a staff nurse at Belleville Memorial Hospital and Fairfield Memorial Hospital.
Curriculum, courses approved
Approved a new Hybrid Associate Degree in Nursing as well as several related classes and authorized their submission to the Illinois Community College Board for action. A large list of new music classes also was approved and authorized for submission to ICCB.
Educational Cooperation agreements approved
Approved inter-district agreements for educational cooperation with Kaskaskia College, Southwestern Illinois College, John A. Logan College, Shawnee Community College, Southeastern Illinois College and Lewis and Clark Community College. These agreements allow students to take a program at another college if their sending college does not offer that program.
Resignations from two accepted with regret
Accepted with regret the resignations of William May, Emergency Medical Technician Instructor, effective July 16, and Nancy Gulley, Lead Child Care Provider at the RLC Foundation Children's Center, effective Aug. 13.
Mark your calendars …
• RLC Foundation Golf Tournament, Thursday, Sept. 17, 2009, 11 a.m. lunch, noon shotgun start, Rend Lake Golf Course.
• Southeast Region Trustee Meeting, 6:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 21, Aquatics Center Patio.
• RLC Foundation Scholarship Dinner, Thursday, Oct. 15, Rend Lake Resort Conference Center.
• RLC Foundation Annual Dinner, Thursday, Dec. 3, Mt. Vernon Holiday Inn.