Pinckneyville science lab addition sent to ICCB for approval
Granted permission to submit to the Illinois Community College Board the Rend Lake College Murphy-Wall Pinckneyville Campus science lab addition project and to bid the project pending ICCB approval. The addition of the science lab at the Pinckneyville campus will allow students to earn a complete Associate in Arts degree at that location without having to travel to the main campus in Ina. The project is being totally funded with donations raised by the RLC Foundation.
Veteran instructor Duncan retiring
Accepted with regret the retirement resignation of John Duncan, Construction Occupations Instructor at Big Muddy River Correctional Center, effective Dec. 31. Duncan has been employed for more than 23 years by RLC through its arrangements with the Illinois Department of Corrections at Menard and Big Muddy.
New courses sent to ICCB
Approved three new courses and authorized their submission to the Illinois Community College Board for action. The new courses are Incident Command for First Responders, Incident Command for Managers, and Career Technologies.
In other business, the board ...
• Approved revisions to board policy and procedure regarding community use of college facilities, fund-raising activities and computation of athletic camp pay rates (all second readings).
• Approved revisions to board procedure concerning purchases.
• Created board policy and procedure regarding capital / construction projects approval and / or changes.
• Granted permission to seek bids for production of the official 2011-2012 RLC Catalog.
• Set child care rates for the RLC Foundation Children's Center: $32 per day for ages 0-2; $27 per day for ages 2-3; $12 per day for ages 3-6 (contingent upon funding of the Illinois State Board of Education Pre-K Grant); and $22.50 per day for ages 3-6 during the summer term.
• Revised the employment date for Tara Hargraves, Upward Bound Project Advisor, to Oct. 13. Hargraves' employment was approved at the October board meeting with an incorrect effective date.
Mark your calendars …
• Visiting Artist Series: Carman Gray, continues through Friday, Nov. 26, RLC Theatre Lobby.
• RLC Christmas Concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 30, RLC Theatre.
• RLC Foundation Annual Dinner, 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 2, Mt. Vernon Holiday Inn.
• RLC Madrigal Dinner Theatre, 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 3, and Saturday, Dec. 4, and 1 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 5, RLC Theatre.
• Board Workshop, Noon Tuesday, Dec. 14, Rend Lake Resort.