Two Title III employees join ranks
Two new employees were approved by the board as part of the Title III Pathways to Success in Health Careers grant. The board:
- Appointed Mollie Bremer as Title III Health Studies Support Coordinator effective Dec. 23. She holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology from the University of Illinois and an Associate Degree from Rend Lake College. She also earned certification as an Illinois workNet Career Advisor from Southern Illinois University Carbondale. She currently serves as TRiO Student Support Services Academic Advisor for RLC.
- Ratified the appointment of Morgan Gravatt, Title III Project Assistant, effective Jan. 2, 2014. She holds a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management from Mid-Continent University and an Associate in Science Degree from John A. Logan College. She most recently served as office administrative assistant for Marion Community Unit School District.
Both appointments are on a temporary full-time basis. The Title III Pathways to Success in Health Careers Grant is worth up to $2.25 million in grant funding from the U.S. Department of Education over a five-year period. By the end of the grant, RLC expects to see an increase in the number of Health Studies degrees and certificates awarded, as well as an increase in overall enrollment and enrollment-based revenue.
Heisner to coordinate Rad Tech clinicals
Appointed Holly Heisner as Clinical Coordinator of the Radiologic Technology program on a temporary full-time basis effective Jan. 2. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Imaging from Grand Canyon University and an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Radiologic Technology from Kaskaskia College. She most recently served as a staff technologist in computed tomography for Houston Healthcare.
Williamson to remain full-time with Music program through spring
Extended the temporary full-time employment of Music Instructor Amber Williamson through Spring Semester 2014. She has been a part-time music instructor since 2009.
Project CHILD welcomes new staff member
Appointed Kathy Carr as Subsidized Child Care Specialist for Project CHILD, the Child Care Resource and Referral program, effective Jan. 2. She holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Early Childhood Education from Southern Illinois University Carbondale and an Associate in Arts Degree from Rend Lake College. She most recently served as a resource and referral specialist for Rainbow Fleet in Oklahoma City, Okla.
Mining, Industrial Dept. seeks administrative assistant
The board created the position of Administrative Assistant for the Mining and Industrial Department, approved the accompanying job description and granted permission to advertise. The duties of this position previously were covered by the Coordinator of Special Projects.
In other business, the board ...
- Approved revisions to board policy concerning nepotism (second reading) and tuition waivers (first reading) and to board policy and procedure concerning campus security (second reading) and community use of college facilities (first reading).
- Created board policy and procedure concerning use of force (second reading) and firearm concealed carry (first reading).
- Approved the curriculum for the Linux Networking certificate under the IT Systems Specialist program and authorized its submission to the Illinois Community College Board for action.
- Approved 18 new nursing courses as part of the revision to the Associate Degree Nursing program and authorized their submission to the ICCB for action.
- Approved revisions to board procedure concerning fees.
- Approved the schedule of meetings for the Rend Lake College Board of Trustees for the 2014 calendar year.
- Approved handbooks for the Cosmetology and Nail Technology programs.
- Approved revisions to the RLC Group Health Benefit documents to reflect changes required as part of the Affordable Care Act.
- Approved the official 2014-2015 Rend Lake College Catalog.
Mark your calendars …
- Rend Lake College Foundation Annual Dinner, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, Mt. Vernon Holiday Inn (rescheduled from Dec. 5 due to inclement weather).
- Rend Lake College Annual Faculty / Staff Holiday Dinner, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13, Waugh Gymnasium.
- Homecoming, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014; women's basketball game at 5:30 p.m., men's basketball game at 7:30 p.m.; Waugh Gymnasium.