(INA, IL - Dec. 8, 2020) - Rend Lake College leaders saved thousands Tuesday night when they voted to restructure the district's debt at their regular monthly meeting. The refinanced bonds, secured at a rate of 1.40 percent, takes advantage of a favorable market and saved the district roughly $66,000.
The resolution provides approximately $825,000 taxable general obligation refunding bonds and about $6.22 million in general obligation bonds. It was for the purpose of refunding certain outstanding bonds of the district and paying claims against the district, providing for the levy of a direct annual tax sufficient to pay the principal and interest on said bonds, and authorizing the sale of said bonds to Stifel, Nicolaus, and Company, Inc.
Also at the meeting, trustees approved a recommendation to revise the definition of co-curricular and a first reading of revisions to its policy Sexual Offender/Sexual Predator Registration of Students.
Davey Named New Recruitment And Student Success Specialist
Andrea Davey was approved as the new Recruitment and Student Success Specialist, effective Dec. 14. Davey has a Bachelor's of Science in Business Administration from Southern Illinois University Carbondale. She also received associate degrees from RLC as well as an occupational certificate in medical transcription. Davey previously worked as a human resource communication specialist at Aisin Manufacturing.
In other business, the board…
- approved a second reading to revisions to the RLC policy investment of public funds;
- approved the Board of Trustees calendar for the 2021 year. Visit rlc.edu for a full meeting schedule;
- approved a second reading of revisions to RLC policy and procedure regarding student attendance in class;
- approved a new policy regarding student withdrawals from class.
Mark your calendar…
- Virtual Faculty and Staff Holiday party; Dec. 11 from 2 to 4 p.m on Zoom.
- Student Learning Day; Jan. 8; online.
- Faculty/Staff In-Service Day; Feb. 16. Location TBD.