INA, Ill. (July 30, 2019) - Five classes are all that stand between you and an entry level job in the medical field with Rend Lake College’s new Medical Support Specialist Certificate Program.
Kicking off with the Fall 2019 semester, the program is designed to prepare students with the knowledge and skills necessary for positions in medical offices, hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Students will be trained in basic computer skills, proper medical terminology, customer service communication and basic medical billing and coding.
By the end program, students will graduate with the knowledge to:
- Discuss and use medical terminology
- Demonstrate appropriate customer service techniques
- Apply basic computer skills
- Communicate with providers, patients and payers
- Perform medical office operational functions to administrative health care industry standards
Those interested in the Medical Support Specialist Certificate Program, or any of RLC’s other Allied Health options, should visit rlc.edu/allied-health, call 437-5321 or email .