Biggerstaff new TRIO Program Director
The board appointed Nathan Biggerstaff as TRIO Program Director, on a full-time, 50-week, non-tenure track, grant-funded contract, prorated for the remainder of the grant year, effective August 5, 2019. Biggerstaff is experienced in budgeting, proposal writing, administration and implementation of Federal grants. He also has the required education necessary for a TRIO Director.
Matzker joins TRIO Program as advisor
The board appointed Faith Matzker as Advisor – STARS / TRIO / Student Support services program, on a full-time, 50-week, non-tenure track, grant-funded contract, prorated for the remainder of the grant year, effective July 22, 2019. Matzker meets the requirement of the United States Department of Education and the college to fill the position. Matzker has the education and experience to meet the needs of the students and is familiar with the student population served by the STARS program.
Director of Nursing transitioned to stipend position
The board granted permission to create the stipend and job description for Director - Nursing, as presented. The current director position has been maintained on a part-time basis and now needs to be held by a full-time member of the nursing staff as the institution pursues ACEN accreditation.
CNA Coordinator stipend created
The board granted permission to create the stipend and job description for Coordinator - Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) as presented. This position is necessary due to the recent resignation of CNA coordinator duties. This position will also assume the lead in the additional efforts the college is conducting in “Stop the Bleed” trainings and other potential trainings in healthcare.
Coffee Shop Manager position created
The board granted permission to create the stipend and job description for Rend Lake College Coffee Shop Manager as presented. This stipend position is necessary in order to manage the coffee shop currently being built in the Learning Resource Center (LRC). The coffee shop is in response to student requests, and renovation of the student space in the LRC.
In other business, the board...
- Approved a revision to job descriptions as presented.
- Approved revisions to the current Board Policy and Procedure regarding stipends.
- Approved the 2019-2020 Handbooks for Student Athlete, Intercollegiate Club Athletics, Student, Student Worker and Police Department JCA Compliance Policy.
- Authorized the destruction of closed session tapes after being held for 18 months, in accordance with the Illinois Open Meetings Act.
- Reviewed and decided that the minutes from the following months will not be released to the general public: July 2017 – December 2017 in accordance with the Illinois Open Meeting Act.
- Reviewed and accepted the College Mission Statement per the strategic planning process.
- Approved a Joint Agreement for Dual Credit between Rend Lake College, District #521 and John A. Logan College, District #530, as presented.
- Accepted the resignation of Susan Cunningham, Specialist - Learning Enhancement Center, effective September 1, 2020.
- Accepted the resignation of Kaylee Smith, Career Services Specialist, effective July 15, 2019.
- Granted permission to revise the job description and advertise for Coordinator – Student Success.
- Granted permission to advertise for a welding instructor.
- Granted permission to create and advertise for a grant writer position.
- Approved expanding the job duties and revising the job description for Coordinator – Technology Integration and Training, as presented.
- Approved expanding the job duties and revising the job description for Coordinator – CTE Success Center, as presented.
- Approved the salaries for administration, administrative support, academic support, office support, police department, and physical plant personnel as provided Fiscal Year 2020, and to authorize the administration to set appropriate contract lengths as they see fit, not to exceed one year.
- Ratified the payment of college expenses including travel expense reimbursements as presented.
Mark your calendars...
- Summer Kids Camps | Monday, July 29 – Thursday Aug. 1
- Warrior Days Workshops | 10 a.m. – noon on Wednesday, July 31
- AgHERculture Health and Wellness Event | 11 a.m – 1 p.m. Wednesday, August 14 at FarmHouse Harvest, Benton
- Faculty Orientation | 1 – 8 p.m. Thursday, August 15 in the RLC Theater
- Student Success Workshop | 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Friday, August 16, 2019 in the RLC Theater
- Warrior Days Workshop | 10 a.m. – noon on Saturday, August 17
- Frist Day of Fall Classes | Monday, August 19
- Visiting Artist; Marie Samuels | September 3 – October 11 in the Theater Lobby
- Fun Fest | Noon – 3 p.m. on Wednesday, September 11
- Annual RLCF Golf Outing | Thursday, September 12 at the Rend Lake Golf Course
- Art Demonstration; Marie Samuels | Thursday, September 19 in LRC 103
- SIU Filmmakers | 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 24 in the RLC Theater
- Faculty/Staff In-Service | Tuesday, October 15 in the RLC Theater
- RLCF 30th Annual Scholarship Dinner | 5 – 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 17 at the Benton Civic Center