RN/BS pathway created between RLC and SIUE
The board ratified approval of a Partnership Agreement for Pathway RN/BS Program between Rend Lake College and Southern Illinois University Edwardsville effective August 01, 2018. This partnership agreement will provide a pathway for nursing students to obtain a four-year bachelor’s degree in Nursing at SIU-E after having completed their associate degree and a majority of the general education requirements at Rend Lake College. Ratifying the agreement start date to August 1, 2018, allows students currently enrolled in the Rend Lake College program to be offered this opportunity.
Academic Advisor Appointment
The board ratified the appointment of Jessica Phillips, effective March 16, 2019. Phillips possesses the educational requirements of the position and has experience relevant to the duties of the position.
Newell appointed to Student Records
The board ratified the appointment of Amy Newell as Specialist – Student Records, effective March 18, 2019. Newell possesses the educational requirements of the position and has experience relevant to the duties of the position.
Student Affairs Dean created
The board granted permission to create the position, approve the job description, and advertise for Dean of Student Affairs effective March 19, 2019. This position is necessary to help the college expand its role with student engagement and outreach. This position will also assume the lead with the college’s initiatives of diversity and inclusion as the college examines its role in a multicultural society.
In other business, the board ...
- Had a second reading to approve revisions to the Rend Lake College Policy & Procedure 2.1516 – Record Retention, and subsequent Record Retention Handbook, first reading, effective March 12, 2019.
- Had a second reading to approve revisions to Board Policy & Procedure 2.1215- Enforcement of Smoke-Free Illinois Act and the Smoke-Free Campus Act to reflect changes to current Illinois statutes.
- Had a second reading to approve revisions to Board Policy & Procedure 2.1236- Administration of Epinephrine to reflect changes to current Illinois statutes.
- Had a second reading to grant permission to Rend Lake College Policy 3.1030 – Adjunct Teaching Assignments for Full-Time, Non-Faculty Employees, effective Summer Semester 2019. This policy is being created to better serve the needs of the institution as it will assist in the monitoring of time commitments and priorities placed upon employees. Adjunct assignments of full-time employees can impact time and effort reporting, class restrictions, course classifications and quality of instruction.
- Had a second reading to approve revisions to Board Policy & Procedure 2.1200 – Addressing Discrimination and Harassment (To Include Sexual Assault, Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Violence, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence and Stalking), first reading, as presented, effective March 12, 2019. These policy revisions are being made to better serve the needs of the institution.
- Had a second reading to approve revisions to Rend Lake College Policy 2.1515– Identify Theft Pursuant to Red Flags Rule effective March 12, 2019. In order to further protect the College and our employees, the Administration feels this change in procedure would increase the security of our data and processes.
- Amended the retirement resignation of Marcia Whitehead as TRIO Program Specialist.
- Accepted the resignation of Robin Pytlinski, Lead Childcare Provider
- Granted a period of unpaid leave to Gayla Davenport.
- Ratified the payment of the college expenses including travel expense reimbursements as presented.
Mark your calendars …
- Tuesday – Wednesday, March 19-20, 2019 ICCB Civil Rights Review, Rend Lake College Campus
- March 21 – May 10; 5-8pm on Thurs & Fri The Culinary Showcase, RLC Private Dining Area
- Thur – Fri, March 21-22, 2019; 9am – 1:45pm Kick Start Your Journey, Rend Lake College Campus
- Monday, March 25, 2019; Noon Diversity Week Event: International Film Showing – TBA, RLC Theater
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019; 6:00pm Annual AG Banquet, James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium
- Wednesday, April 3, 2019; 1pm Guest Speaker, Dr. Marsha Barrett: The Everyday Impact of Political Partisanship on Americans, Pat Kern Private Dining Area
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019; 5:30pm Southeast Region Trustees Meeting, Private Dining Area
- Thursday, April 11, 2019; 5:30-7:30pm AgHERculture Event, Applied Science Center
- Thursday, April 11, 2019; 4:30 - 7:30pm Franklin County EDGE Trade Show, Benton Civic Center
- April 11-13 @ 7pm nightly; April 14 @ 2pm Spring Musical: “9 to 5,” RLC Theater
- Thursday, April 18, 2019; 2:00pm Phi Theta Kappa Induction, RLC Theater
- Thursday, April 18, 2019; 5:00pm Lake Reception, King City Books, Mt. Vernon, IL
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019; 4:30 – 6:30pm Studio RLC Open House, Rend Lake College MarketPlace, Mt. Vernon
- Thursday, April 25, 2019; 3 – 6pm Job Search Party, Mt. Vernon DoubleTree by Hilton
- Thursday, April 25, 2019; 5:30 – 7:30pm STARS Banquet, James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium
- Thursday, May 2, 2019; 9:30am – Noon Health Fair, The REC
- Thursday, May 2, 2019; 4:30-7:00pm Jefferson County CEO Trade Show, Mt. Vernon Double Tree by Hilton
- Thursday, May 2, 2019; 6:30 – 8:00pm Perry County CEO Trade Show, Red Hawk Golf Club
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019; 3:00pm Annual Faculty/Staff Awards, RLC Theater
- Thursday, May 9, 2019; 7:00pm Spring Concert, RLC Theater
- Thursday, May 16, 2019; 1:00pm RAD Tech Pinning Ceremony, Private Dining Room
- Thursday, May 16, 2019; 7:00pm ADN Pinning Ceremony, James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium
- Saturday, May 18, 2019 Rend Lake College Commencement, James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium