Griffith joins nursing faculty
Denise Griffith was appointed Nursing Instructor effective Jan. 3. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from McKendree University and a Master of Science in Nursing from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. She most recently served as Director of Nursing for Shawnee Community College.
Boyd becomes Executive Assistant
Holly Boyd was appointed Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Instruction effective Jan. 16. She holds an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Business from Southern Illinois University Carbondale and most recently served as an administrative assistant at Marion High School.
CCR&R personnel moves
The board accepted with regret the resignation of Stephanie McKinney, Subsidized Child Care Specialist for Child Care Resource and Referral (Project CHILD), effective Dec. 1. She had been employed full-time since August 2000. "Thank you for everything Rend Lake College and Project CHILD have done for me. I am fortunate to have been a part of such a well-respected organization," McKinney wrote in her resignation letter.
In a related move, the board appointed Lori Irvin as Subsidized Child Care Specialist effective Dec. 18. She holds an Associate in Science Degree from Rend Lake College and previously held this position from 1996 to 2000.
Additionally, Kaira James was appointed as License Exempt Monitor for CCRR effective Jan. 8. She holds an Associate in Science Degree from RLC and a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management from McKendree University. She most recently worked as a resource room assistant for Man-Tra-Con.
In other business, the board ...
- Approved revisions to board procedure concerning student employment.
- Approved the schedule of Board of Trustees meetings for the 2018 calendar year.
- Approved the 2018-2019 RLC Catalog.
- Ratified payment of college expenses including travel reimbursements.
Mark your calendars …
- Visiting Artist: Erica Burton, Jan. 15-March 2, Theatre lobby.
- Thespian Comedy Improv, 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 25, Theatre.
- WYSE 2018 Competition, Wednesday, Feb. 7, Waugh Gymnasium.
- Career Fair, Friday, March 2, RLC Campus.
- Spoken Word and Open Mic Night, 6:30 p.m. Monday, March 5, King City Books, Mt. Vernon.
- Kickstart Your Journey, Thursday-Friday, March 22-23, RLC campus.
- Spring Musical: The Addams Family, 7 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, April 5-7, and 2 p.m. Sunday, April 8, RLC Theatre.
- Higher Learning Commission Annual Conference, Thursday-Monday, April 5-9, Hyatt Regency Chicago.
- Job Search Party, 3-6 p.m. Thursday, April 12, Mt. Vernon Hotel and Event Center.