- Online Students - Home
- Online Degrees
- Online Learning Orientation
- Online Student FAQs
- Electronic Library
- Programs & Degrees
- Online/Hybrid Course Schedule
- Personnel Directory
- IT Help Desk
Learning Enhancement Center (LEC)
The Learning Enhancement Center (LEC) is a campus-wide program designed to address tutoring needs of our students. Located in the North Oasis, the LEC provides a quiet and well-supervised area for studying and tutoring. Tutoring services are available to all RLC students in the LEC and other locations arranged for the convenience of students. The LEC is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. If you require the services of the LEC, please call 618.437.5321, Ext. 6901 and someone will provide that help. Click here to access more information about the LEC.
Learning Resource Center (LRC)
The Learning Resource Center provides access to a wide variety of resources in both print and electronic formats. Rend Lake College students have access to over 62 electronic databases that can be used for research. Access to the electronic resources is available to on- and off-campus students by using their Online Student Records account ID and password.Additional information about print and electronic resources collected by the Learning Resource Center is available by visiting the Electronic Library (EL).
If you have trouble accessing the Electronic Library, visit the Access Problems page for more information or call the IT Help Desk at 618.437.5321, Ext. 1259. For more information about the LRC, contact the circulation desk at 618.437.5321, Ext. 1308 or the Reference Department at Ext. 1276 or click here to visit the LRC website.
Textbooks and/or course materials are required for most courses regardless of the structure of the course. Prior to the start of each semester, dates and times in which textbooks will be available for either rental or purchase will be announced. Please check the RLC website for announcements.
Important facts regarding textbooks:
- Pell grants or scholarships may be applied toward book rental and/or purchase.
- Textbook rental fees will be assessed on a per book basis and require a pre-established deposit. The current fee of $52 per book includes a $20 deposit fee which will be refunded upon proper return of the rented text.
- Rented textbooks may be returned if classes are dropped, added or changed within the first two weeks following the beginning date of classes.
- Purchased texts may not be returned or no reimbursement may be made after two weeks following beginning date of classes.
Note: Renting your textbooks makes your grants and scholarships go further!
You must be registered for class prior to the rental of textbooks and must bring in your course schedule and student ID at the time of text rental or purchase. You can print your course schedule from your Online Student Records (OSR) account. Here’s how:
- Access OSR by clicking this link
- Log in using your account information (see Step 2). If you have forgotten your login information you will need to call or visit the It Help Desk, Ext. 1259 or the Reference Librarian, Ext. 1276.
- Once you have accessed the OSR, click on Academics then Schedules.
- Choose the appropriate dates
- Print the schedule
Student IDs can be obtained in the LRC free of charge. You will need to present a picture ID and your schedule at the circulation desk in order to do so. For additional information regarding textbook purchases or rentals, contact the Retail Store at 618.437.5321, Ext. 1281.