$80 per semester
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday: 7 am - 7pm
Friday: 7am - 5pm
Rend Lake College MarketPlace
Monday-Friday: 6am - 9pm
Saturday: 8am - 3pm
Sunday: 1pm - 5pm
Fitness Center FAQ's
IF I WANT TO USE THE FITNESS CENTER FOR THE FIRST TIME, WHAT SHOULD I DO AND WHAT COURSE DO I ENROLL IN?
Before you are allowed to use the fitness centers for the first time, you must:
- Register for the PYED 1160 class
If you are going to workout at the RLC MarketPlace in Mt. Vernon, you may complete the registration process there or in the Admission Office on campus. If you are going to workout on campus you will register in the Admissions Office on campus
- Complete the orientation session:
The orientation session is required whether you are enrolling for a letter grade (Recommended for College Transfer Students) or if you are enrolling for Credit/No Credit(Pass/Fail).
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ORIENTATION SESSION?
The orientation session includes: Specific information regarding the proper use of the equipment, the super circuit, hours of operations, recommended type of clothing to wear during a workout, length of workouts and conduct expected while in the fitness center.
HOW WILL I SCHEDULE AN ORIENTATION SESSION?
Contact the Fitness Center, and someone will set up a time for you.
HOW DO I CONTACT THE FITNESS CENTER?
You can call the Fitness Center on campus at 618-437-5321, ext 1347, or at the RLC MarketPlace at 618-242-0027.
WHEN MAY I REGISTER FOR THE FITNESS CENTER?
A student may register any time during the year. The following schedule will determine the semester in which to enroll:
- For the Spring Semester -- A student may enroll in the appropriate beginning Spring Semester at any time prior to the mid-term date(usually the 1st or 2nd week of March). On or after the mid-term date, a student enrolling should be registered in the appropriate Mid-Spring section. The Mid-Spring section finishes at the end of the Summer Session.
- For the Fall Semester -- A student may enroll in the appropriate beginning Fall Semester at an time prior to the Mid-Term date(usually the 1st or 2nd week of October). On or after the mid-term date, a student enrolling should be registered in the appropriate Mid-fall section. The Mid-Fall section finishes the Mid-Term time for the Spring Semester.
- For the Summer Session -- A student may enroll in the appropriate Summer Session any time prior to the Mid-Term date(usually the 1st week of July).On or after the Mid-Term date, the student should be registered in the appropriate beginning Fall Semester section. These students will be allowed to workout immediately after registering and completing the fitness center orientation session, but the workouts will not count toward a grade until the Fall Semester begins.
AFTER ENROLLING, HOW SOON MAY I BEGIN?
As soon as you complete your orientation session.
MAY I WORKOUT AT EITHER FITNESS CENTER?
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I ENROLL FOR CREDIT?
You may enroll eight times for college transfer credit which counts toward an Associate Degree here at RLC.
MAY I ENROLL AFTER I HAVE PASSED THE COURSE EIGHT TIMES?
Yes. If you are not pursuing a degree, you may enroll for an additional eight sessions. After that time, additional options are available.
MAY I CONTINUE TO USE THE FITNESS CENTER AT THE END OF A SEMESTER?
Yes, if you enroll in the following semester. You may continue to workout; however, the workouts will not count toward a grade until the next semester begins.
MAY I ENROLL IF I AM IN GRADE SCHOOL OR JUNIOR HIGH?
MAY I ENROLL IF I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL?
Yes, however, you must have written permission from your high school principal. Forms are available at the RLC MarketPlace and in the Admission’s office on campus.
IF I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL AND BEING HOME SCHOOLED, WHO WILL SIGN THE FORM?
The person in charge of your home schooling is considered to the Chief Officer in charge of your schooling.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM LENGTH OF A WORKOUT?
The minimum length of a workout is 20 minutes.
WHAT TYPES OF EXERCISE EQUIPMENT ARE AVAILABLE?
- Super Circuit(12 weight machines and 11 stationary bikes)
- Treadmills—computer bikes---stair climber---elliptical cross trainer
- Variety of free weights you wish.
- Classes, when available, such at Exercise Mix, Zumba, etc.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A SPECIFIC FINAL GRADE IF I ENROLL FOR A LETTER GRADE?
- For the Fall and Spring Semesters:
To get an “A” for a final grade you must complete a minimum of 10 hours and 20 minutes.
- For the Summer Session:
To get an “A’ for a final grade you must complete a minimum 10 hours during the semester.
HOW MANY WORKOUTS DO I NEED IF I ENROLL IN THE "CREDIT/NO CREDIT COURSE?"
For the Fall and Spring Semesters:
To pass you must complete a minimum of 10 hours during the semester.
For the Summer Session:
To pass you must complete a minimum of 6 hours during the session.