- Athletics Home
- Alumni Form
- Athletics Recruiting Questionnaire
- Athletics News Archives
- The Rec
- Men's Athletics
- Men's Basketball
- Men's Cross Country
- Men's Golf
- Men's Track & Field
- Women's Athletics
- Women's Basketball
- Women's Cross Country
- Women's Golf
- Women's Tennis
- Women's Track & Field
- Women's Volleyball
- Co-Ed Athletics
Tony Etnier - Head Coach
- Played professionally for the Cook County Cheetahs of the Frontier League, 1 Year, 2002
- Played at Blackburn College, 1 Year, 2001-2002
- 27-15 Overall Record
- Broke school record for wins
- SLIAC Conference Champions 2002 (1st in School History)
- Conference Player of the Year 2002 (1st in School History)
- Set school records for Innings Pitched (Single Season), Strikeouts (Single Season), Hits (Game)
- Played at Lindsey Wilson College, 1 Year, 2000-2001
- 28-26 Overall Record
- Played at Olney Central College, 2 Years, 1998-1999, 1999-2000
- 89-33 Combined Overall Record
- Tied school record for wins (1999) 44-17
- Broke school record for wins (2000) 45-16
- GRAC Conference Champions (2000)
Previous College Coaching Experience
Assistant Baseball Coach, Southern Illinois University – Carbondale, 2 Years, 2004-2005, 2005-2006
- 71-46 Combined Record
Assistant Coach, Blackburn College, 2 Years, 2002-2003, 2003-2004
- 48-35 Combined Record
- SLIAC Conference Champions (2004)
Head Baseball Coach, Rend Lake College
- Hired on July 1st 2006
- 192-174 Overall Record in 7 seasons
- 2008 Region 24 Championship
- 2008 Region 24 Coach of the Year
- 7 Warriors taken in MLB draft
- 60 Former players moved on to 4 year schools, 19 to Division 1’s
- NJCAA All-Academic Team 2011,2013
- Currently Serves as the Academic Advisor to the Athletics Department and is the Director of RLC Fitness Centers.
- Earned Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education from Blackburn College and Master of Science in Education – Kinesiology from Southern Illinois University.
- Resides in Mt Vernon, IL with wife, Abby, and son Parker.
Assistant Coach (2008 - Present)
Assistant Coach (2015 - Present)
Coach Belk enters his first season on the Rend Lake Warrior coaching staff serving as the Warriors pitching coach and recruiting coordinator. Belk spent the previous two seasons at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, IA. Belk helped guide the Eagles to a 32-22 record in 2015 and a 31-18 record in 2014. Coach Belk spent the 2012-13 season at Black Hawk College in Moline, IL. While at BHC, he led the Braves to a 32-17 record and his pitching staff to a 2.55 team ERA which ranked 3rd in the NJCAA.
Prior to coaching at BHC, he was an assistant coach at Eastern Illinois University of the Ohio Valley Conference from 2010-2012. He worked primarily with the catchers, the offense and coached 3rd base. Belk’s first coaching position was as a graduate assistant coach at Saint Ambrose University from 2008-2010.
Belk has also coached in Summer Collegiate Baseball Leagues since 2008. During the summer of 2008, Belk coached the Tradewater Pirates to a K.I.T. league championship and led the league in every major pitching category (wins, ERA, strikeouts). During the summers of 2009-10 and 2013-14, Belk coached the Mankato MoonDogs of the prestigious Northwoods League. His role was pitching coach in 2009 and 2010 and hitting coach in 2013 and 2014. His 2009 pitching staff holds the MoonDogs record for team ERA (2.50) and is 5th all-time in the NWL.
As a prep, Belk was a three-time all-conference award winner for Davenport North High School in Davenport, IA. He was an All-State catcher in 2003 and an All-State Pitcher in 2004. In 2004 he was awarded the Bob Feller award, awarded to Iowa’s top high school pitcher. Belk began his playing career at Kirkwood Community College in 2004-05 as he helped lead the Eagles to a 42-17 record. In 2005-06, he transferred to play at Chandler-Gilbert Community College in Chandler, AZ. Coach Belk ended his playing career for the University of Iowa during the 2006-07 and 2007-08 seasons where he led the team in ERA both seasons.
Coach Belk earned his Associate’s Degree from Chandler-Gilbert Community College in 2006, his Bachelor's Degree from the University of Iowa in 2008 and went on to earn his Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership from St. Ambrose University in 2010.
Belk is also an associate scout for the Los Angeles Angels under Joel Murrie. His three younger brothers all played college baseball. Kevin played at Kirkwood CC and University of Indianapolis, Collin played at Kirkwood CC and IUPFW, and Ryan played baseball at Kirkwood CC. Belk’s cousin, Mike Butcher, is the current pitching coach for the Los Angeles Angels. Jason currently resides in Cambria, IL with his fiancée, Abby.