Academic ProbationA degree or certificate-seeking student who is enrolled in three or more credit hours during the Fall or Spring Semester and whose cumulative grade-point average falls below 2.0 will be placed on Academic Probation.
While on Academic Probation, students may continue to enroll at Rend Lake College. However, they:
• Must register with an Academic Counselor in the Academic Counseling Center.
• Must maintain at least a 2.0 grade-point average per semester for courses taken while on Academic Probation.
• May be required to seek tutoring assistance through the Learning Enhancement Center upon the recommendation of a counselor/academic advisor.
• May only enroll in a maximum of fifteen credit hours during the following Fall or Spring Semester, and one course in the Summer term.
A student will remain on Academic Probation until a cumulative grade-point average of 2.0 or higher is attained.
Academic SuspensionA degree or certificate-seeking student who was on Academic Probation during the previous Fall or Spring Semester of enrollment and has a current semester and cumulative grade-point average of less than 2.0 will be placed on Academic Suspension:
• Must register with an Acedemic Counselor in the Academic counseling Center.
• Will not be allowed to attend during the following Fall or spring semester and will be withdrawn from classes,. However, a suspended student may enroll in one course during the Summer Term to attempt to raise his/her cuulative grade point averae. If the suspended student sucessfully raises hes/her cumulative GPA to 2.0 after the summer Term, he/she may enroll in fall classes and the academic standing will be chnaged to Academic Probation.
• May enroll in Adult education, community education and non-credit courses during the Academic suspension period.
• When the student enrolls after the suspension period of one Fall or Spring Semester, he/she will again be placed on Academic probation.
• if a student is placed on Academic Suspension more than two times, he/she will be placed on a one year suspension period each time he/she is suspended.