This is the smart choice for child care.
Recently reaccredited for five more years by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the Rend Lake College Foundation Children’s Center offers care to children 6 weeks to 5 years old throughout the school year. Summer care is available to children up to 12 years old.
• Positive relationships for all children and adults
• Curriculum for all areas of child development
• A qualified staff, dedicated to creating a safe, loving, and educational environment for children
• The choice for RLC students, employees, and families in the community for years
• DHS subsidy and private payments are accepted, and other payment options are available for RLC students
For information, or to place your child's name on a list for consideration, contact:
Director, Rend Lake College Foundation Children's Center
c/o Rend Lake College
468 N Ken Gray Parkway
Ina, IL 62846
618-437-5321 x 1393
OUR MISSIONWe value…
• A play-based curriculum that emerges from the needs and interests of children
• Open, honest communication at every level in the Children’s Center
• A dedication to our job and the children and families we serve
• A partnership between teachers and families to best meet the needs of each child
• In participation of all staff and parents in center wide decisions
• In being role models for fellow teachers, RLC students, parents, and children
• There is always room for improvement
• Each child is an individual and develops at his/her own rate
• Education is a lifelong learning experience
We will promote…
• The highest quality of child care, following NAEYC, QRS, and DCFS standards
• Positive relationships with families and fellow staff members through open communication and the fostering of an encouraging, safe environment
We will encourage…
• Parents to be partners in their children’s education
• Respect for our center, staff, children, and families
• A sense of community and belonging
• Independence and self confidence in children by motivating them to initiate learning
We will respect…
• Parents, children, and fellow staff members
• Cultural practices and values of all families and staff members
The focus of the infant room is to implement the highest quality of child care and to instruct RLC Early Childhood Education students how to provide the most developmentally appropriate practices in all aspects of teaching infants.
Our schedule is tentative based on the needs of infants that range from diapering, eating, and sleeping. We also provide numerous appropriate activities throughout the day to aide in the achievement of developmental milestones. Some activities provided promote art, sensory, cooking, gross-motor, language, music and more.
Our infant room consists of infants ages 6 weeks to 18 months, a lead teacher and 2 assistant teachers, with a ratio of four babies to one teacher.
We serve breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack for those children that stay for a full day. Our day begins at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. during the fall and spring school semesters.
The room is made up of safe, educational materials and all-natural wood furniture. The room consists of a secure and active play environment, a quiet and calm crib/cot area for sleeping, and a small, child-sized table for meals and activities.
Please feel free to contact Lead Infant Teacher Robin Pytlinksi for more information
618-437-5321 ext. 7626
The toddler room schedule is flexible to meet the needs of individual children. The toddler room serves children 18 months of age to 36 months of age.
We believe that children learn best through play and through active exploration of their enviroment. The classroom is set up in centers to give children daily opportunities to explore their interest areas such as building with blocks, reading books, using their large muscle groups, and pretending in dramatic play.
Children are provided daily opportunites to participate in both large and small group activities, such as simple cooking acitivies, music and more. We also provide daily opportunities to explore in our outdoor learning environment.
Our curriculum is developed based on the interest of the children in the classroom as well as individual goals that are developed for each child. Through exploring things that are of interest to the children, we believe their experiences become more meaningful, thus driving their curiosity to learn. The children are also observed and their learning is documented in individual portfolios.
Please feel free to contact Lead Toddler Teacher Jamie Cambron for more information
618-437-5321 ext. 7628
Welcome to Pre-K where each and every day is filled with laughter, learning, friendship and fun!
The Pre-Kindergarten classroom serves children 3 years to 5 years of age.
We believe the best way for young children to learn is though active play. We provide various Learning Centers such as Art, Math, Science, Dramatic Play, The Block Center, Sensory, Books, Computers, and Writing where children can explore materials and express their creativity.
We believe that each child develops at his/her own rate and therefore it is important to plan activities to meet individual goals.
Each child's development is observed, documented in their own personal portfolio, and then assessed to develop future learning experiences that meet those goals. We hope you will call for a tour to see firsthand how much your child can benefit from our program.
Lead Pre-Kindergarten Teacher Rene Crouse
618-437-5321 ext. 7627