Message from the President
This year, Rend Lake College celebrates its 50th anniversary. It is a privilege to be part of this institution, which has served our area with dedication over the past decades.
Rend Lake College continues to remain an excellent option for those wanting to earn a higher degree or train to go to work. Regardless of the challenges we face in today’s economy, we continue to look for new opportunities to serve you and new educational and training programming demanded by today’s working world.
Rend Lake College remains a cost-effective choice for higher education, with access provided not only at our main campus in Ina, but also at our satellite campuses in Mt. Vernon and Pinckneyville. Making education even more accessible are the options for online and hybrid classes.
Rend Lake College has been recognized for its achievements at the state and national levels as well. In 2016, RLC was ranked seventh in the nation and first in the state based on factors ranging from cost and finances to education and career outcomes. We have made the list of the top 150 community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute four consecutive times, most recently in 2016.
As I’ve said in this space before, we want and expect great things from our students, and we also expect to hold ourselves accountable to you. We want to help you get to where you want to be, and we welcome you to Rend Lake College.
President's Goals & Responsibilities
1. Provide overall leadership and unity of efforts for the total college program
2. Oversee and maintain the financial well-being of the college
3. Assume overall responsibility for establishing and maintaining an adequate public relations program
4. Oversee preparation for Higher Learning Commission review of the college and subsequent accreditation
5. Provide adequate information and opportunity for board development and preparation of supporting materials