Admissions snowbird main art

Reverse Transfer

What is Reverse Transfer?

Reverse Transfer is a process by which students pursuing a four-year degree could be eligible for an associate degree from Rend Lake College based on a combination of your previous work at Rend Lake and current course work.

What are the benefits?

There are many benefits to earning your associate degree. Many employers offer raises or promotions for college degrees earned. In addition, several four year universities offer tuition discounts to students who have earned an associate degree. Please check with your employer or your current college/university to learn more about the benefits you could receive by earning your associate degree at Rend Lake College.

Am I Eligible for Reverse Transfer?

You may be eligible if you have completed 16 credit hours at Rend Lake College, have a GPA of 2.0 or higher at Rend Lake College, and have completed more than 64 applicable credits through Rend Lake or other colleges/universities. If you are pursuing a bachelor’s degree or have recently attended another college or university, you may be eligible.

What do I need to do next?

First, you must contact your college/university and complete the reverse transfer transcript request/release form to have your transcripts sent to Rend Lake College. Please send them to the address below:
Rend Lake College
Attn: Student Records
468 N Ken Gray Parkway
Ina, IL 62846

What happens if I can be awarded an associate degree?

You will be contacted by Rend Lake College informing you of the conferment of the degree to your transcript, and you will receive your degree at the end of the next academic term.

What if I don't meet the requirements for an associate degree?

You will be contacted by Rend Lake College informing you of what class/credits remain outstanding for an associate degree.

FERPA Statement
Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, updated January 2009, I understand that my educational records cannot be released without my permission. By completing the University reverse transfer request, I authorize the release of my academic records from the University to Rend Lake College in order to evaluate a complete reverse transfer evaluation between the two institutions without the violation of FERPA. I also authorize Rend Lake College to send back confirmation of my associates to the University. I understand that I have the right to rescind this release agreement of my academic records at any time by notifying the Registrar at Rend Lake College.