Tends one or more machine tools, or special-purpose machines, to machine work pieces to specifications on production basis: Machine operator must be capable of setting up machine, quality control plans and special instructions, as well as following direct supervision instructions. Machine operator lifts work piece manually or uses lifting devices, secures work piece in fixture or chucks. Starts machine and observes operation. Inspects and measures machined work pieces to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as gages, calipers, and micrometers. Must move machine controls to keep work pieces in print tolerances. Must replace worn cutting tools or accessories. Must be capable of doing routine and preventive maintenance, i.e. replenish coolant supply, and maintain fluid levels within the machine tool. Operators may tend other machines and equipment other than machine tools, as needed and directed. Machine operators upon completion of jobs must review and insure that job routers, quality control plans and any additional paperwork have been completed, and all information is accurate and submitted as required.
Additional body of knowledge needed:
- Arithmetic – Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Can recognize common classes of machine tools, and understands their uses, and can identify major components of machine
- Understands and can use basic precision measurement tools, e. micrometers, calipers, go-no go gages, height gages, etc.
- Can read and comprehend information on orthographic
- Can read and comprehend geometric dimensioning and
- Has good written and oral communication
- Can perform tooling maintenance, i.e. drill sharpening,
- Has basic problem solving
- Capable of basic quality assurance
Salary & Benefits
As a member of our team, you can expect:
- Great Pay – determined by your experience level.
- Competitive benefits package – including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K with match, vacation time, personal time, paid holidays, and weekly pay.
- Great hours – we only operate on day shift.
- Environment – clean, climate-controlled shop.
- Flexibility – you aren’t just a number. We understand that everyone has lives outside of work and that your time with family and friends is important. We will work with your schedule and needs if conflicts arise.
- Advancement – as our organization grows beyond our 90 employees, there will be opportunities to grown within the department and company.
How to Apply
Email resume to , fax to (812) 434-7857, or mail them to PO Box 5094 Evansville, IN 47716 Attn. Erin Stewart.
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.