Fluid Power Mechanic
The purpose of this position is to tear down, evaluate and rebuild pumps, motors and valves that come in for repair as well as build new units.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy environment by adhering to organization standards and policies; alerting others regarding potential concerns
- Monitor work progress to meet work completion standards and goals
- Set an example to other team members by demonstrating the proper procedures and processes
- Must be capable of lifting 75 pounds to a height of thirty-six inches
- Should also be capable of completing any task assigned by supervision or management, in a safe and productive
- Arithmetic – Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division without a calculator
- Understands and can use basic precision measurement tools, i.e. micrometers, calipers, go-no go gages, height gages, etc
- Knowledge and use of various hand tools, shop equipment
- Has good written and oral communication skills
- Has basic problem solving skills
- Should be clean in work habits, keeping their work areas and any community areas clean and free of obstructions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Degree from tech school a plus. At least 3+ years work experience in similar position. Experience with pumps, motors, valves, different hydraulic systems, components and principles, and be able to read a hydraulic schematic a plus.
Salary & Benefits
As a member of our team, you can expect:
- Great Pay – determined by your experience level.
- Competitive benefits package – including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K with match, vacation time, personal time, paid holidays, and weekly pay.
- Great hours – we only operate on day shift.
- Environment – clean, climate-controlled shop.
- Flexibility – you aren’t just a number. We understand that everyone has lives outside of work and that your time with family and friends is important. We will work with your schedule and needs if conflicts arise.
- Advancement – as our organization grows beyond our 90 employees, there will be opportunities to grown within the department and company.
How to Apply
Email resume to , fax to (812) 434-7857, or mail them to PO Box 5094 Evansville, IN 47716 Attn. Erin Stewart.
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.