We’re looking for experienced leaders…this could be you. The AmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) Team Leader coordinates the activities of 10-12 Corps Members in service projects that generally last 6-8 weeks on community outreach projects in the areas of natural and other disasters, environment, energy conservation, infrastructure improvement and urban and rural development. He/She serves as a role model, facilitator, educator and safety manager while encouraging high standards for 18-24 year old members involved in community-based service learning projects. The Team Leader serves as a liaison between the campus and project sponsor and reports directly to a Unit Leader. NCCC Team Leaders serves as a role model, facilitator, educator and safety manager while encouraging high standards for 18-24 year old members at one of our five campuses. These campuses are located in Denver, CO; Baltimore, MD; Sacramento, CA; Vicksburg, MS; and Vinton, IA.
AmeriCorps NCCC seeks applicants who have supervisory experience working with young adults and a high degree of patience, flexibility, and adaptability. The Team Leader position is a demanding job that requires long and intense hours. Applicants must be prepared for many challenges and be willing to make an 11-month commitment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervise, motivate, direct, and coordinate a team of young adults in a structured program of service, education, and training; maintain order; develop positive team morale; foster teamwork; monitor standards of behavior; ensure the safety of the members, including the proper use of equipment; model a good work ethic and work alongside members to set the work pace.
• Plan daily and weekly team schedules that will result in the execution of project objectives and activities. Manage service-learning projects, locally or on spikes (sites away from the main campus where teams establish temporary living arrangements for up to two months).
• Coordinate project logistics with unit leaders and project sponsors, participate in staff and member meetings, and serve as programmatic and administrative liaison between members and staff.
• Conduct regularly scheduled team meetings designed to unify team members by building consensus, resolving conflicts, and providing structured feedback.
• Facilitate, encourage, support, and model service learning integration. Conduct or coordinate training such as skills building workshops, safe work practices, team-building exercises, mini-courses, and physical training in collaboration with NCCC staff.
Salary & Benefits
In exchange for an 11-month commitment, Team Leaders receive the following: living allowance of $12,500, room and board, limited health and child care benefits, education award of $5,815, student loan forbearance, uniforms, transportation to and from the campus at the beginning and end of the program, and the opportunity to travel and learn new skills.
About the Employer
Information about the employer was not provided. Contact the employer for this information.
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.