Lab Technician I
Position requires working daily with lines to maintain tank specifications through chemical analysis and visual inspection. This is done by maintaining system chemical balance, Ph levels, metals content and chromatic levels through the addition of chemicals as needed.
- Maintains chemcial and metals levels in tanks and both lines
- Maintains zinc ball level, chloride levels, acid content, britener, and carrier levels in lines through both analytica testing and by reviewing parts coming out of the lines
- Changes filters on rack and barrel lines and schedules tank dump schedule
- Maintains calibration of analytical test equipment
- Notifies supervisor and appropriate people of any concerns or malfunctions
- Maintains chemical costs through correct additions
- Other duties as assigned
Associate's degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalant combination of education and experience. .
Must possess ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers, and the general public.
Abilty to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Inventory software, Internet software and Manufacturing software.
How to Apply
Please have resume sent to :
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.