Summer Term 2019
WHEN ARE CLASSES?
THEY BEGIN THE WEEK OF JUNE 3 & RUN THROUGH JULY 26
WHEN CAN I REGISTER?Monday-Friday (until May 17). See registration details below.
- Payments on student accounts must be made by the deadline included on the student statement.
- Students who do not make payments by this deadline may be dropped from their classes.
- Contact the Business Office 618-437-5321, Ext. 1235, for questions about making payments.
DEADLINES FOR DROPPING CLASSES
When you drop ... Your refund will be ...
- Prior to end of the first week of classes ... 100%
- During the second week of classes and thereafter ... 0%
TUITION & FEES
|Tuition & Fees for 8 hours||Tuition & Fees for 16 hours|
|Southern Illinois University - Carbondale||$3,893||$7,787|
|Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville||$3,235||$6,470|
|Western Illinois University - Macomb||$3,328||$6,656|
|University of Illinois - Champaign||$4,593||$9,186|
|Northern Illinois University - DeKalb||$3,654||$7,309|
|Eastern Illinois University - Charleston||$3,036||$6,072|
|Rend Lake College - Ina||$1,040||$2,080|
|RLC = 72% less on average|
|Tuition & Fees Source: Illinois Student Assistance Commission|
HOW DO I GET STARTED?Enrolling in a degree or certificate program at Rend Lake College is as simple as 1 - 2 - 3!
1. Apply for Admission
2. Speak to an Advisor
— Make an appointment in the Academic Advisement Center
(You'll discuss career development, educational planning, class scheduling and more.)
3. Apply for Financial Aid
— Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
(Rend Lake College’s school code is 007119)
WHAT ARE THE REGISTRATION PROCEDURES?
REGISTRATION FOR FIRST-TIME STUDENTS
1. Complete the Rend Lake College new student enrollment form (above).
2. Submit official high school transcript with graduation posted or GED certificate.
3. Submit your ACT or SAT scores or arrange for placement testing in the Academic Advisement Center.
4. Submit official transcripts from any other colleges you have attended.
5. Make an appointment with an academic advisor or your faculty advisor when you are ready to set up your schedule. Visit Career Services to discuss career development and goal setting, educational planning, and accessing campus services and activities.
6. Arrange for payment of tuition and fees by
- Applying for financial aid
- Making the full payment before established deadlines
- Enrolling in Nelnet Tuition Management Plan
7. Get your Student ID from the Learning Resource Center or from Student Records in the Baker Administration Building. You will need a picture identification (driver’s license or state issued I.D.) and a class schedule to do so. The replacement cost for a Student ID is $10. Your Student ID and current schedule of classes are required to rent or purchase textbooks.
8. Rent or buy textbooks and purchase the supplies you need at our Bookstore and Retail Center on the first floor of the Academic Building.
REGISTRATION FOR RETURNING STUDENTS
- Create your tentative schedule using a class schedule, also available from the Student Records Office on campus.
- Make an appointment with an academic advisor for finalizing your schedule of classes.
- Review your degree requirements.
- Arrange for payment of tuition and fees.
- Rent or buy your textooks and purchase supplies at the Textbook Store and Retail Center in the Academic building.
As a continuing student, you can self-advise by completiting a registration form and submitting it to the Student Records Office IF:
- You have completed or, through your current enrollment will reach, a total of 30 credit hours
- You have a minimum 2.5 grade-point average
- You have completed any and all required college preparatory classes
NOTE: Students on academic probation must obtain an advisor's signature to register for the next semester. Other exceptions to the self-advisement option may apply.
PRIORITY REGISTRATION FOR VETERANS & SERVICE MEMBERS
Priority registration is offered for veterans and service members in accordance with Public Act 098-0316. Priority registration periods will be announced each semester. Veterans and service members can call the Rend Lake College Academic Advisement Center at 618-437-5321, Ext. 1266, identify themselves as a veteran or service member, and make an advisement appointment during these priority registration times.