Summer Term 2018
WHEN ARE CLASSES?
THEY BEGIN THE WEEK OF JUNE 4 & RUN THROUGH JULY 27
WHEN CAN I REGISTER?Monday-Friday (until May 11). Monday - Thursday (until June 1)
|STUDENTS MAILED STATEMENTS NOTIFYING THEM OF PAYMENT DEADLINE||2-3 weeks prior to payment deadline|
|PAYMENT DEADLINE – FULL PAYMENT, FACTS ENROLLMENT OR FINANCIAL AID AWARDED||May 15, 2018|
|IF PAYMENT DEADLINE HAS NOT BEEN MET, A DROP FEE WILL BE ASSESSED & NOTIFICATION BY MAIL SENT.|
|LAST DAY TO DROP CLASSES WITH REFUND||Prior to end of the first week of classes|
|LAST DAY TO WITHDRAW FROM CLASSES||During second week of classes and thereafter|
|LAST DAY OF REGULAR CLASSES||July 27, 2018|
HOW DO I GET STARTED?Enrolling in a degree or certificate program at Rend Lake College is simple.
1. Apply for Admission
2. Speak to an Advisor
— Make an appointment in the Academic Advisement Center
(You'll discuss career development, educational planning, class scheduling and more.)
3. Apply for Financial Aid
— Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
(Rend Lake College’s school code is 007119)
WHAT ARE THE REGISTRATION PROCEDURES?
REGISTRATION FOR FIRST-TIME STUDENTS1. Complete a Rend Lake College new student enrollment form available from:
a. Online at www.rlc.edu/admissions
b. Rend Lake College Office of Student Records
c. In-district high school counselors
2. Submit official high school transcript with graduation posted or GED certificate.
3. Submit placement scores or arrange to take a placement test in the Academic Advisement Center.
4. Submit official transcripts from other accredited colleges attended.
5. Make an appointment with an Academic Advisor or faculty advisor to discuss career development and goal setting, educational planning, scheduling of classes and accessing campus services and activities.
6. Arrange for payment of tuition and fees by
a. Applying for financial aid or
b. Making full payment by established deadlines or
c. Enrolling in the FACTS Tuition Management Plan
7. Obtain a student I.D. from the Learning Resource Center or from Student Records in the Administration Building. A picture identification (driver’s license or state issued I.D.) and a schedule must be presented to obtain a student I.D. Replacement cost is $10. A student I.D. and current schedule of classes are required to rent or purchase textbooks.
8. Rent or purchase textbooks at the RLC Book Store. Supplies are also available at the Book Store, located in the Academic Building.
REGISTRATION FOR CONTINUING STUDENTSAdvisor-Assisted Option
1. Create tentative schedule. Questions regarding your selection of courses can be addressed during the advisement appointment.
2. Make appointment with an advisor for scheduling of classes.
3. Review degree requirements.
4. Arrange for payment of tuition and fees.
5. Rent or purchase textbooks at the Book Store. Supplies are available at the Book Store. Both are located in the Academic Building.
Continuing students who meet the following criteria may self-advise by completing a registration form and submitting it to Student Records.
• Completion of or current enrollment in 30 credit hours
• Minimum GPA of 2.5
• Completion of all required college preparatory courses
Students who choose this option do not need an advisor’s signature, but must indicate acceptance of responsibility for course selection.
PRIORITY REGISTRATION FOR VETERANS & SERVICE MEMBERS
Priority registration is offered for veterans and service members in accordance with Public Act 098-0316. Priority registration periods will be announced each semester. Veterans and service members can call the Rend Lake College Academic Advisement Center at 618-437-5321, Ext. 1266, identify themselves as a veteran or service member, and make an advisement appointment during these priority registration times.