Rend Lake College seeks a professional temporary full-time Activity Director / Curriculum Specialist for the Allied Health Division. This individual will: oversee daily implementation of Title III grant activity; ensure timely completion of tasks and activity objectives; supervise/evaluate Instructional Designer and Health Studies Coordinator; collaborate with consultants, Instructional Designer and faculty to revise, convert, and / or develop new curricula; oversee pilots of hybrid, new and revised courses; ensure revised, converted and / or new curricula meet industry standards; coordinate with Project Manager, and RLC faculty to ensure institutionalization of new initiatives; assist Project Manager in collection / analysis of evaluation data; work with area healthcare providers to arrange clinical experiences; coordinate with Health Studies Support Coordinator to develop academic support for new / revised high school curricula; and serve on appropriate instructional committees. // Temporary full-time (50-week), grant-funded, tenure-track position.
- Master’s Degree in the healthcare field in an appropriate discipline from an accredited institution required.
- Broad knowledge of health studies area, instructional methodologies.
- At least 3 years’ experience in course development instruction and / or administration, preferably in higher education.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in personal and budget management and evaluation preferred.
- Experience working with high-risk, low-income, non-traditional students.
- All candidates will be required to successfully pass a background screening process.
SALARY and BENEFITS
- Salary $45,000 to $50,000 annually.
- Full benefits.
- Free tuition for employee after four semesters.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Start date to be determined.
- Application deadline is 4 pm Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013.
Submit the following:
- Cover Letter
Human Resources Specialist
c/o Rend Lake College
468 N. Ken Gray Pkwy / Ina, IL 62846
Rend Lake College is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.