Rend Lake College seeks a full-time professional Director of Nursing. This individual plans, develops, implements and evaluates instructional and learning student support services in the division; provides leadership in the development and use of appropriate instructional and service delivery systems and learning assessment; markets programs and services, and together with faculty, monitors trends in enrollment, use, satisfaction, learning success, graduation and transfer; initiates, develops and implements grant applications and projects; prepares, monitors and controls nursing program operating budgets; supervises and evaluates full- and part-time staff in the nursing program; encourages and supports faculty and staff development activities; leads the recruitment and selection of full-time faculty and staff for the division; resolves student complaints and grievances; develops, supports and monitors short- and long-range goals, strategic plans and program assessment in the division; provides administrative support for assigned committees; develops and maintains close working relationships with other departments and divisions within the college; develops and maintains close working relationships with businesses, other educational organizations, and governmental and community agencies where appropriate; ensures knowledge of college mission, vision and purposes, and adherence to college and program policies and procedures within the division; develops reports and documents according to college requirements, division and grantee needs; attends all related meetings at the college and state levels; and other duties as assigned by the Dean of Allied Health. Full-time (50-week) nontenure-track position.
- Master's Degree in Nursing required.
- Current Illinois nursing license required.
- Minimum of two years' college instruction experience in related courses required.
- Strong organizational, administrative and writing skills required.
- All candidates will be required to successfully pass a background screening process.
SALARY and BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Full benefits.
- Free tuition for employee, spouse & dependents.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Start date to be negotiated.
- Application deadline is 4 p.m. Monday, March 24, 2014, or until the position is filled.
Submit the following:
- Cover Letter
Human Resources Specialist
c/o Rend Lake College
468 N. Ken Gray Pkwy / Ina, IL 62846
Rend Lake College is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.