WHITTINGTON, Ill. (Oct. 1, 2013) – A total of 167 golfers teed off in September at the 33rd Annual Rend Lake College Foundation Golf Outing at the Rend Lake Golf Course, making it one of the largest and most successful fundraisers for the Foundation, and for the Warrior and Lady Warrior golf teams.
RLCF CEO Shawna Manion said that the event was one of the best since the beginning of the Golf Outings.
“The Rend Lake College Foundation continues to have strong support from our communities in the form of teams, players, sponsorships and gift-in-kinds,” said Manion. “This year, we had several new teams and sponsorships, making for a very productive outing. With the generosity we receive, we are able to make a fun day for those in attendance.”
There were two categories of winners at the Golf Outing – A and B – for which there were first through third place awards.
Placing first in A Category was Team One Stop Flooring with a score of 54. Team members included Gary Bradshaw, Ryan Bradshaw, Jeff Hosick, Larry Lyday, Eric Lyday and Scott Moore. Hosick also won an award for hitting closest to the pin for men on the 12th hole.
Additional awards were given out to the following teams and individuals:
- Team Eggemeyer 1: Brian Balsman, John Christopher, Chris Howard, Ed Kirchner, Kirk Viehl and Keith Weber. The team placed third in the B Category with a team score of 61.
- Team Tippy: Dale Brock, Terry Cook, Matt Greenfield, Brad Melvin and Kyle Vanfrease. The team placed second in the A Category and Cook also won the longest drive award for men on the sixth hole.
- Team Wasson: Mike Kinkade, Scott Sanders, Eli Sentel, Carl Skinion, Rick Wasson and Jeff Williams. The team placed third in the A Category with a score of 55.
- Team Webber: Lucas Cromeens, Bill Eastham, Webb Eastham, Jerry Hale, Brock Harris and Sabrina Wheatley. Wheatley also hit the longest drive for women on the 15th hole. The team placed first in the B Category with a team score of 59.
- Team Wilce: Mike Fletcher, Gary Gischer, Jesse Sanders, Gage Wetzel, Cody Wilce and Pete Wilce. The team finished in second place of the B Category with a team score of 59.
- Jena Jensik of Team RLC Student Services won closest shot to the pin on the fourth hole.
Additional photos of the event can be found on RLC’s Flickr account, or by clicking here.
The outing raised money for the Rend Lake College Warrior and Lady Warrior golf teams, as well as the Rend Lake College Foundation, and was co-sponsored by the Rend Lake College MarketPlace and the Rend Lake College Golf Outlet, both of Mt. Vernon, and B&G Venegoni Distributing of Christopher.