Criminal Justice Club representatives Sara Rose Pillers and Jordan Crotser were elected Queen and King for the 14th annual Homecoming festivities conducted recently at Rend Lake College.
Pillers is a sophomore Criminal Justice major from Mt. Vernon. She is a part-time member of the Rend Lake College Security staff at the RLC MarketPlace, Editor for the RLC Times student newspaper and student-worker in the Marketing and Public Information Office.
Crotser is a sophomore Criminal Justice major from Thompsonville. He works as a part-time Shipping and Receiving Clerk for the Physical Plant on-campus and has appeared in RLC Theatre productions, most recently “Chicago.”
Students on the Ina campus chose from 11 candidates for Homecoming Queen and nine for King the two days prior to Homecoming basketball games against Wabash Valley College. Other activities leading up to the Homecoming Dance and coronation following the women and men’s games included a thespian performance, pool party, ping pong, basketball, games and music the previous day.
Candidates were nominated by the various athletic, academic and other campus organizations. Those students nominated are active participants of these organizations.
The candidates for Homecoming King and Queen and the groups they represented:
• Corey Lewis (Marion) – Baseball
• Tyler Ward (Scott City, MO) and April York (Hoyleton / Nashville H.S.) – Basketball
• Jordan Crotser (Thompsonville) and Sara Rose Pillers (Mt. Vernon) – Criminal Justice Club
• Rey Alvarez (Danville) – Cross-Country
• Derek McCammack (Hillsboro) and Casey Biddinger (McCutcheon, IN) – Golf
• Kayti Hall (Zeigler / Zeigler-Royalton) – Musical Notes Society
• Adam Nagreski (Benton) – Phi Theta Kapp
• Mallory Thomas (Mt. Vernon) – RLC Cheerleaders
• Matt Rotman (Mt. Vernon) – RLC Times
• Holly Cargal (Johnston City) – Softball
• Jeremy Kunz (Lebanon) and Kellyn Tennyson (Dahlgren / Mt. Vernon Twp. H.S.) – STARS
• Lanna Kozar (Mt. Vernon) – Student Ambassadors
• Lisa Parker (Centralia) – Women’s Tennis
• Marcus Walton (Potosi, MO) – Track and Field
• Natalie Barnard (Poseyville, IN) – Volleyball
• Emily Mestel (Mt. Vernon) – Thespian Club
Rend Lake College Learning Enhancement Specialist Tara Sullivan coordinated Homecoming 2005 events.
Previous Rend Lake College Homecoming Queens and Kings since the event was brought back in 1992: 2004 – Laura Zettler (Sesser / Sesser-Valier H.S.) and Howard Harper (Evansville, IN); 2003 – Stacia Bruce (Benton) and Ian Hornabrook (Southbrook, Queensland, Australia); 2002 – Sara Blythe (Benton) and Skyler Taylor (Sims); 2001 – Kristen Walker (Benton / Dahlgren) and Pat Frank (Canfield, OH); 2000 – Jennifer Overturf (Benton); 1999 – Jamie Wilson (Benton); 1998 – Nicole Hargett (Benton); 1997 – Nikki LaBuwi (Benton); 1996 – Samantha Lewis (Mt. Vernon); 1995 – Jennifer Simpson (McLeansboro); 1994 – Deni Benns (Benton); 1993 – Randie Marie Galloway (Sesser / Sesser-Valier H.S.); 1992 – Wendy Henson (Mt. Vernon).