Clean Air America gets welding booths bid
Accepted a bid of $91,416 from Clean Air America of Rome, Ga., for six dual and two single self-contained welding ventilation booths for the welding lab project. Fourteen welding booths are needed to accommodate the demand for certified stainless steel welders for Bechtel Construction Co. in support of the Department of Labor grant.
In other business, the board ...
• Accepted the Fiscal Year 2008 audit, performed by Clifton Gunderson LLP.
• Approved the 2009-2010 Academic Calendar.
• Approved revisions to administrative policy regarding stipends (second reading).
• On advice from its Advisory Council, the credit hours required to earn the IT Systems Specialist Associate in Applied Science Degree were changed from 65 to 64 and this change will be submitted to the Illinois Community College Board for action.
• Granted permission to seek bids for the production of the 2009-2010 RLC Catalog.
• Adopted a resolution authorizing Vice President of Finance and Administration Larry West and Controller Angie Kistner to accept nomination petitions from candidates for the RLC Board of Trustees.
Mark your calendars ...
• RLC Theatre Fall Play, "A Christmas Carol," 7 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, Nov. 6-8, 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 9, RLC Theatre.
• Higher Learning Commission Visit, Nov. 17-19.
• RLC Madrigal Dinner, 7 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, Nov. 20-22, 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23, RLC Theatre.
• RLC Christmas Concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 2, RLC Theatre.
• RLC Foundation Annual Dinner, 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 4, Mt. Vernon Holiday Inn.