FW Plumbing wins fan coil bid
Accepted low bids from FW Plumbing and Heating of Benton of $49,870 to replace 10 fan coil units and an alternate of $27,115 to replace piping associated with the units in the North Oasis. The project will be funded with Protection, Health and Safety Levy funds.
Bond hearing held
Held a bond hearing regarding the issuance of general obligation alternate revenue bonds in an aggregate principle amount not to exceed $3,433,914. This proposed issuance of bonds, if utilized, would provide RLC with another funding mechanism which will be utilized to meet the ordinary cash flow needs of the college in light of delayed state funding receipts. There were no public comments at the hearing.
Children's Center's Allen moving on
Accepted with regret the resignation of Michelle Allen, RLC Foundation Children's Center Director, effective Aug. 2. "I began my education in the Early Childhood Education program at Rend Lake College and have since been employed at the college for 10 years. I have many memories and will greatly miss the center and the families represented here as well as the staff at the college," Allen wrote in her resignation letter.
In other business, the board ...
• Approved four courses – Mine Rescue I and II and Mine Fire Fighting I and II – and authorized their submission to the Illinois Community College Board for action.
• Approved an inter-district cooperative agreement with Shawnee Community College. A cooperative agreement allows students to take programs at another college if their sending college does not have that program. They do not have to pay chargeback tuition and the sending college is able to receive state equalization.
• Approved the list of obsolete materials for sale at the college's annual obsolete equipment auction to be held at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 25, at the 4-H Building.
• Retained the services of Clifton Gunderson LLP for the completion of an audit of the basic financial statement of Rend Lake College for Fiscal Year 2010. Clifton Gunderson has served as the college's audit firm for several years.
Mark your calendars …
• Commencement, 7 p.m. Friday, May 14, RLC Gymnasium.