RLC, McKendree team to help nurses
Approved a transfer agreement between RLC’s Associate in Applied Science Degree in Nursing and McKendree University’s Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing. According to administrative rationale, this agreement will allow for the development of a seamless postsecondary education system for the citizens of Illinois, and to promote the transfer of credits and increase educational opportunities for the students of Illinois. Incentives for nursing students in the agreement include dual enrollment opportunities, a guaranteed tuition rate at McKendree and the seamless transfer of up to 70 hours of academic credit in RLC’s ADN program. Both institutions are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The agreement will be effective upon its execution by both institutions.
RLC Early Childhood Teaching program forms articulation agreement with Kendall College in Chicago
Approved an articulation agreement regarding the transfer of credits from RLC’s Associate of Arts in Teaching degree in Early Childhood Education and Kendall College’s Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education. The agreement will be effective upon its execution by both institutions.
2011-2012 College Catalog approved, bid accepted
Approved the 2011-2012 College Catalog and accepted a base bid of $7,498.69 from United Graphics Inc., in Mattoon, for a total of 5,150 copies. United Graphics has produced the RLC Catalog for the past two years. The catalog contains information related to academic standards, program requirements and student policies which cover admission, instruction, and graduation.
Dynamometer bid accepted
Accepted a base bid of $17,984 from Land & Sea, Inc., of Concord, N.H., for a new dynamometer with eddy brake, accessories and delivery. This equipment will be purchased through the Perkins Grant.
Carlock appointed VP of Finance and Administration
Appointed Bob Carlock as the Vice President of Finance and Administration on a one-year, non-tenure contract, effective Jan. 1. Carlock, who served in that position at RLC for 17 years before retiring in 2008, returned to the college this past summer to serve in the position on an interim basis.
Downen moving on, Cristaudo moves to part-time
• Accepted with regret the resignation of Rachel Cristaudo, Viticulture and Enology Science and Technology Alliance Project Coordinator, effective Dec. 31. She said she intends to resume the position on a part-time basis beginning Jan. 1, 2011.
"Rend Lake College, as a partner in the VESTA Regional Center of Excellence, has brought much-needed resources and educational opportunities to the grape and wine industry and students throughout Illinois, and I am grateful for the opportunities I have had working at Rend Lake College and with the VESTA Consortium," Cristaudo wrote in her resignation letter.
• Accepted with regret the resignation of Gary Downen, Horticulture Instructor at Big Muddy River Correctional Center, effective Dec. 31.
In other business, the board ...
• Approved four new courses and authorized their submission to the Illinois Community College Board for action. The courses were: two Biofuels classes, an Instructional Methods and Strategies class, and a Haz/Mat Awareness: EMS class. Changes to eight other classes also were approved and authorized for submission.
• Approved creation of board policy and procedure regarding capital/construction projects approval and/or changes (second reading).
• Approved revisions to board policy regarding fees.
• Approved the RLC Board of Trustees meeting schedule for 2011.
Mark your calendars …
• Rend Lake College Homecoming, Wednesday, Feb. 23, Men’s and Women’s Basketball Games, James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium.
• RLC Spring Musical “South Pacific,” 7 p.m. Thursday – Saturday, March 3-5, 2 p.m. Sunday, March 6, RLC Theater.
• Student Art Show, 6 - 8 p.m. Thursday, March 20, RLC Theater.