- Online Students - Home
- Online Degrees
- Online Learning Orientation
- Online Student FAQs
- Electronic Library
- Online/Hybrid Course Schedule
- Personnel Directory
- IT Help Desk
Courses, depending on their structure, may be composed of asynchronous sessions using Blackboard, the course management system. (Additional information about Blackboard is offered in Step 7.)
Courses at Rend Lake College are offered in the following structures or formats:
- Face-to-Face – In this type of course, you will attend classes on campus or at an extension center in a physical setting with an instructor present. Blackboard may be used for assignment submission, course document dissemination, etc.
- Hybrid – The hybrid course will require you to complete a portion of the coursework online using Blackboard and the remainder of the coursework will be completed in a face-to-face learning setting. Campus visits will be necessary in this type of class. Course numbers for a hybrid course will include a section number beginning with "Y", for example, CSCI 1101-Y1. The "Y" indicates a hybrid course.
- Online – The online course is designed for you to complete your course online using Blackboard. You are expected to have a computer available and access to the Internet. Course numbers for an online course will include a section number beginning with "N", for example, CSCI 1101-N1. The "N" indicates an online course.
Please note that some online courses require you to visit a test proctoring site to complete the test requirements for the course. You will be informed of and instructed on test proctoring procedures by the course instructor.
Online access to the hybrid and/or online course may not be made available until the first day of class as early course availability is at the discretion of the instructor.
Please refer to the Official Catalog for more detailed information about your course.
Did you know?
RLC currently offers over 30 online classes. Contact the Counseling Center for more information, (618) 437-5321 Ext. 1266 or visit us at