MT. VERNON - Saturday, May 17, 2008 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., a free Children's Festival will be held at The Rend Lake College Marketplace in Mt. Vernon.
The purpose of the 8th Annual Project CHILD Children's Festival is to focus public attention on the needs of young children and their families and to support early childhood programs and
Project CHILD, along with over 40 local organizations will celebrate children from birth through age eight and the families, teachers and other adults who help children make the most of the opportunities of their early years. Local organizations that offer programs and services for children will be at the Rend Lake College Marketplace to provide activities for kids and information about their programs to the public.
Other exciting fun at the festival . . . . .
- An inflatable area featuring a giant slide and bounce houses
- WMIX will be conducting a 2- hour live remote broadcast
- The Lions Club will be offering train rides.
- There will be a teddy bear clinic, pony rides & carnival games
- Visits with Dora, Mickey Mouse & Pablo from the Backyardigans
- Food, activities, prizes, giveaways, and much, much more!!!
Alll activities are free (except the pony rides are a fundraiser for a local 4-H group and will be $1.) There will be food available for a small charge. All the food booths are run by not for profit kids groups. (4-H, Girl Scouts, High School Organizations, Etc.) Our attendance last year topped 2000, and we're expecting an even larger crowd for this year.
This event is sponsored in part by the Illinois Department of Human Services and Rend Lake College.