- Academic Home
- Academic Resources
- Academic Calendar
- Course Schedules
- Gainful Employment
- Student Handbook
- Online RLC Catalog
- Official RLC Catalog
- Adult Education & Family Literacy
- Allied Health
- Applied Science & Technology
- Community & Corporate Education
- Health & P.E.
- International Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Math / Science / Education
- Special Programs
The RLC Foundation Scholarship
The Gilman Scholarship
The Gilman Foundation offers generous scholarships for semester abroad programs to undergraduate students who receive Pell Grants. Detailed information can be found on their website: www.iie.org/gilman. This scholarship is based on national competition, so please be certain to follow their directions very carefully.
ISA Diversity Scholarship
ISA will award $10,000 annually in Diversity Scholarships, starting with Fall 2008 sessions. The goal of these scholarships is to facilitate the participation of students who are underrepresented in study abroad by providing financial assistance, thereby broadening the spectrum of ISA participants. ISA encourages students from diverse cultural backgrounds, underrepresented educational disciplines, and students interested in non-traditional study abroad destinations to apply.
The ISA Diversity Scholarship is open to those students who wish to bring a broader cultural perspective to their overseas group, as well as those who are dedicated to encouraging other multicultural students on their home campus to participate in international education programs.
Scholarships are available for participants in ISA semester and summer programs. For detailed eligibility requirements, deadlines, and to download an application, please visit the ISA website at http://www.studiesabroad.com/admissions/document/scholarships
Other Ideas for Raising Money
• Begin a routine savings account from your paycheck. A small amount of money invested each week can accumulate very quickly.
• Often family members are happy to have Christmas or birthday presents be a contribution toward an educational experience rather than purchasing a gift.
• Change a health habit (smoking, buying soda etc.) and put that money toward your trip.
• Consider what it would cost to live in southern Illinois for the amount of time you would be aborad. Your typical expenses for gas, car insurance, meals, rent, etc. in southern Illinois will not be necessary while you are abroad. Also bear in mind that a semester at a residential university (such as SIU) would cost about $6,500.