- About RLC
- Academic Advisors
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Counseling
- Academic Policy
- Downloadable Enrollment Application
- Campus Maps
- College Survival Guide
- Community & Corporate Education
- Disability Services
- Financial Aid
- Programs & Degrees
- Programs of Study
- Student Activities
- Student Handbook
- Student Records
- Student Right To Know
- Student Services
- Upward Bound
Disability Access Services provides accommodations and services to students with documented disabilities who are currently enrolled at Rend Lake College. These accommodations and services are offered in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
REND LAKE COLLEGE WILL MAKE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO HELP YOU IF ...
- You are otherwise qualified for the program or class and your disability interferes with your ability to participate in class.
- You are otherwise qualified for the program or class and you have a legitimate educational purpose and need for requested accommodations or materials for use in class.
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES AT REND LAKE COLLEGE HAVE THE RIGHT TO...
- Equal opportunity and access to participate, work and learn
- Reasonable accommodations
- Appropriate confidentiality
- Information about available services and accommodations
- Accessible campus facilities
STUDENTS WITH DISABILIIES AT REND LAKE COLLEGE HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO...
- Identify themselves early in order to receive requested accommodations in a timely manner
- Provide current and valid documentation that provides enough information for DAS staff to determine appropriate academic adjustments
- Meet qualifications and standards set forth for all Rend Lake College students
- Advocate for their individual needs
REND LAKE COLLEGE HAS THE RIGHT TO...
- Require documentation of disabilities
- Determine what accommodations are appropriate
- Provide only those accommodations required by the disability that do not sacrifice the academic integrity of the program, course, or activity
REND LAKE COLLEGE HAS THE RESPONSIBILITY TO...
- Ensure that its programs and facilities are accessible and usable
- Inform students of available accommodations and procedures for requesting them
- Make reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities.
TO REQUEST SERVICES
Students with disabilities who wish to request accommodations and services may apply with DAS. Appropriate documentation of disability(s) must be provided.
After registering, the appropriate accommodations will be determined on an individual basis. An accommodation plan will be developed and updated each semester or as needed.
North Oasis Room #120
Phone: (618) 437-5321 xt 1204
For additional information about Postsecondary Education and Students with Disabilities, visit the Department of Education’s web site at www.ed.gov/ocr.