Students must apply to receive their respective diplomas for an Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, Associate in Fine Arts Degree, Associate in Engineering Science Degree, Associate in Applied Science Degree or a certificate for Occupational Certificate programs. Students who complete the Graduation Application form will receive a pre-graduation academic audit and be informed of any deficiencies.
Meeting graduation requirements ultimately is the responsibility of the student. Students are encouraged to be familiar with the catalog and program requirements and to work with their academic advisors or counselors in selecting courses.
Students may fulfill degree/certificate requirements
- Of the catalog in effect at the time of their initial enrollment, provided they have maintained continuous enrollment, or
- Students may elect to fulfill the degree/certificate requirements of the catalog in effect at the time of their graduation.
Students entering under the degree and certificate requirements cited in this catalog will continue under these requirements as long as they are continuous students at Rend Lake College. Standing as a continuous student is lost if either of the following should occur:
- The student does not complete credit classes at Rend Lake College for two consecutive semesters, excluding summer terms.
- A period of five years elapses before the degree or certificate is completed.
If students are unable to complete the requirements within the five-year time frame, they may appeal to the Dean of Student Services to use a specified catalog other than the one in effect at the time of re-enrollment or at time of graduation.
Students may be required to follow degree requirements outlined in later catalogs when certificate, degree programs or courses have been extensively modified from previous catalogs. The Vice-President of Instruction makes this decision.
Graduation application deadlines are:
- First Friday in May – Summer graduation (July)
- First Friday in September – Fall graduation (December)
- First Friday in December – Spring graduation (May)